Gibson Brands Forums
Sign in to follow this  
pandarocket

Pickups Query

I am in the process of upgrading my LP Traditional Pro and I was thinking about switching out the pickups and have stumbled across a pickup manufacturer called Iron Gear. They seem to be getting some excellent reviews for their pups, so I am currently toying with a set of their Rolling Mill with overwound bridge for £60 for the pair (from Axetech in the UK). I am wanting to have a crackj at the Jimmy Page wiring for it and wondered if anyone here has any experience of Iron Gear Pickups? I know there are reviews on their site, but being a cynical old git, I tend to distrust these. I have done the obligatory You Tube search which has a few people playing them, but not many actual reviews.

So far in the upgrading I have replaced all of the plastics with black versions (I have a Wine Red LP and the cream just didn't do it for me), I am going to replace the pots with push/push pots for ease of switching whilst playing and I will change the capacitors as well.