Gibson Brands Forums

I guess this is goodbye

ilovegibsons

I went down to a local guitar shop with the intention of trying some of the instruments I've been looking at. Naturally, I started with an LP Traditional. While I was discussing the guitar with the owner of the shop, he asked me what I was looking for. I told him, and he dissapeared, then brought back a Vigier Excalibur Supra. This guitar has extremely low action. Quite nice. He returned after 15 minuites with a G & L Comanche Blueburst. I will say this is a very beautiful guitar, and very easy to play too. Finally, just when I thoought I'd start comparing the G & L and the LP, he came back with one more. A PRS Swamp Ash Special in Vintage Natural. Used, but in mint condition. I couldn't see a ding or scratch anywhere! It played like a dream. The only problem was, even used, it costed £2,200! I couldn't afford it. This guy is the nicest guy I have ever met! He knocked a full £1,000 of the stock price (£2,500). I placed a deposit. If I get the all go from my guitar gurus, I will buy it!

What do you guys think?

If all goes well, I will own the guitar by next week. I will post some pics.

Hey man, you have to go with the guitar that feels right to YOU. PRS makes VERY nice guitars and if that's the one that moves you, it's the best choice. Plus, with the extra pickup, it's going to be a lot more versatile than a Les Paul. Congrats on your new guitar! ;)

BTW - we expect pics once you get it!

I went down to a local guitar shop with the intention of trying some of the instruments I've been looking at. Naturally' date=' I started with an LP Traditional. While I was discussing the guitar with the owner of the shop, he asked me what I was looking for. I told him, and he dissapeared, then brought back a Vigier Excalibur Supra. This guitar has extremely low action. Quite nice. He returned after 15 minuites with a G & L Comanche Blueburst. I will say this is a very beautiful guitar, and very easy to play too. Finally, just when I thoought I'd start comparing the G & L and the LP, he came back with one more. A PRS Swamp Ash Special in Vintage Natural. Used, but in mint condition. I couldn't see a ding or scratch anywhere! It played like a dream. The only problem was, even used, it costed £2,200! I couldn't afford it. This guy is the nicest guy I have ever met! He knocked a full £1,000 of the stock price (£2,500). I placed a deposit. If I get the all go from my guitar gurus, I will buy it!

What do you guys think?

If all goes well, I will own the guitar by next week. I will post some pics.

I think thats my longest post yet!

Hell what am I saying. Fu*k it say what ever you want. I ain't no damn censor. If they don't like what you say tell em to Fu*k off. Always works for me. It really pisses some of them off too. Like Merph and KSG.

;) Its not good to piss people off. Pissing AXE off, now thats ok, but people?[-(

Damn my ears must be much worse than I thought.... I watched the PRS video and I couldn't hear much difference at all' date=' if any when he tapped and untapped....[/quote']

I felt the same way, but wasn't going to say anything. I didn't want to hurt the young fellas feelings.

I felt the same way' date=' but wasn't going to say anything. I didn't want to hurt the young fellas feelings.

[/quote']

No, you just didn't want to feel like a idiot with no ears in the chance that everyone else hears a huge difference in the tapped and untapped.... But there is strength in numbers.... Sort of like the king has no cloths.... =D> So thanks for backing me up....

Just get the Admins to change you're name to gibsoncrusher or something like that.

Trust me kiddo . Gibsons are not for everyone and are not necessarily the best guitars.

It's like toilet paper, get the kind that doesn't leave a red rash on your @$$..

Lol, dude what works works, u kno? Personally i began wanting a les paul, and then i picked up an sg and loved it. I mean hell, prs is a good brand and if you really like it go for it, but i know this sounds a little pushy, but try out ALL gibsons, prs's and even Fenders. You never know which one you like more. Who knows, you may be an sg guy, or a custom 24 guy, or a firebird guy or even a strat guy. You never really know until youve tried them all, but trust me, you never want to buy something that feels right at the time, go in the shop a week later and pick up a guitar that is ****ing perfect (buyers remorse sucks ***) u catch what im saying?

Not everyone deserves a Gibson anyway.

I mean' date=' there has to be people on the outside looking in, or it's not special.[/quote']

:D

Compared to this, I don't WANT a Gibson (I know that sounds mad but...)

I'm going to sleep on it. If I still think its a good idea tomorrow, then I'll schedule a time to go in w/ my amp and try it. If it sounds as good as it did today, it's coming home with me. If not, maybe I'll have a look at some more LPs.

PRS is a great axe' date=' but as they were growing they got really good at building Copies of Gibsons. So while it says PRS there are Gibson qualities in that guitar. Its a nice guitar and while others have said you can hang here, I really do not wish to see any more "What should I do" or mine is better than yours posts. I think you can learn allot and you have brought something to the forum but I believe its too many posts.

In conclusion I personally feel with all your posts you will not be happy until you get a Gibson of some type. I have been playing 30 years now and one thing I will tell you brand name recognition does mean something. I have other guitars that are at the Gibson Custom levels (IMO) but the guitar the crowd [b']always flocks to is the Les Paul[/b]. No one except musicians care about Ibanez, PRS, or even Fenders (did I say that). Its really weird right now your younger (I never thought as young) and a huge amount of what you do is based on self placed peer pressure with all of your questions. Nothing wrong with that at all, I even still do it and I still learn from people who have not played near as long as I, because different people play differently. I guess what I am saying here is that from your posts you have placed is you have but one chance to get any guitar under a certain price point. Don't make a mistake like I and many have, don't get something else if you are truly wanting a Gibson of any type. Its a really long time till your sweet 16 birthday and I really do not wish to see 3000000 posts about , I got this guitar but I really want a Gibson.

Even with this said if the PRS is what you really want , get it and enjoy it; not many pre-teens are offered this chance that you have and I know there are many who are envious of your status. I personally wold have loved to got a sweet guitar at your age.

Don't take this as me being a azz, just read through it and just maybe you will see all I am trying to do is give you some old peoples advice.

+1.

I almost bought a PRS also, but in the end had to go with a Gibson. I only live 30 minutes from the PRS factory and have met Paul several times. He's a real cool guy. So I feel some local loyalty to PRS. The guitars are flawless in construction and ver versatile. Especially the Swamp Ash.

But, like guitarest said, like it on not, there's something to be said for name recognition and in the end I knew I would always be second guessing myself if I didn't get a genuine Les Paul. Just make sure it's what you really want.

At least your not settling on a Melody Maker like some other past member that we never hear from any longer ](*,)

PRS is a great axe' date=' but as they were growing they got really good at building Copies of Gibsons. So while it says PRS there are Gibson qualities in that guitar. Its a nice guitar and while others have said you can hang here, I really do not wish to see any more "What should I do" or mine is better than yours posts. I think you can learn allot and you have brought something to the forum but I believe its too many posts.

In conclusion I personally feel with all your posts you will not be happy until you get a Gibson of some type. I have been playing 30 years now and one thing I will tell you brand name recognition does mean something. I have other guitars that are at the Gibson Custom levels (IMO) but the guitar the crowd [b']always flocks to is the Les Paul[/b]. No one except musicians care about Ibanez, PRS, or even Fenders (did I say that). Its really weird right now your younger (I never thought as young) and a huge amount of what you do is based on self placed peer pressure with all of your questions. Nothing wrong with that at all, I even still do it and I still learn from people who have not played near as long as I, because different people play differently. I guess what I am saying here is that from your posts you have placed is you have but one chance to get any guitar under a certain price point. Don't make a mistake like I and many have, don't get something else if you are truly wanting a Gibson of any type. Its a really long time till your sweet 16 birthday and I really do not wish to see 3000000 posts about , I got this guitar but I really want a Gibson.

Even with this said if the PRS is what you really want , get it and enjoy it; not many pre-teens are offered this chance that you have and I know there are many who are envious of your status. I personally wold have loved to got a sweet guitar at your age.

Don't take this as me being a azz, just read through it and just maybe you will see all I am trying to do is give you some old peoples advice.

I'm a convert. I don't care what jammy posers think!

I'm looking for the guitar which feels and sounds the best.

I like Gibsons, but all this time I've been looking on other forums too (although this is the only good one. ESP? Don't ask me about it#-o ! The first post I read was 'I've just bought this awesome AK47! I can't wait to defend America against the commies!) and I call myself 'ilove(insert brand name here) on everything!

Thanks for all your help and support

Archived