Gibson Brands Forums

Sunday Song

Buc McMaster

Here's one by Bruce "Utah" Phillips. Been covered by many and this is loosely based on the version by Buddy Miller. Will be singing a lot the next couple days in an attempt to get the pipes right for the Tuesday session. So, with a faux pas here and there, the Sunday Song rides again.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oq5M_GHsajM

Hmmm. Looks like the audio is a few milliseconds behind the video. How'd that happen? Or is it my imagination......?

Great job as usual.

Never heard this one (probably due to my relative youth...) but I sure enjoyed it.

That bird has sure got such a rich sound...it's almost a sound that I "feel" when I listen. Vocals sound smooth and rich as always.

Just ...wow

Great voice, nicely played and a lovely bird. Loved it.

Excellent! I notice you pick very close to the bridge, which gives you a little brighter, janglier tone. Very nice!

Lars

I tend to do this too, maybe this habbit to stay close to the bridge comes from palm mute.

I don't know if it's a good or bad thing but the habbit is there... and yes it gives brighter sound, more like a harp somewhat.

Thanks all! No, I don't play golf, no the guitar is not screwed down (though it is tuned down a half step) and yes, I do keep my hand near the bridge most of the time. Guitar sounds a little brighter in this one due to new strings as of yesterday afternoon...........want to get two or three good days on 'em before recording.

Thanks for listening! Y'all are the best!

Archived