Gibson Brands Forums
Sign in to follow this  
MR GIBS

I'll show you what I got - show me yours please ;-)

Herds for nerds - and we lOVE it

Looks as if there is a Zemaitis in that crowd, GIBS.

Any chance you have link to some sound with this exotic acoustic.

Yeah, there is one ;-)

I did not record anything yet, but these days I'll try to do it and post here. Sounds pretty good for a brand new guitar.

My lot ... cant wait for Tom to chip in, he will probably need two pages to cover all his vault.

IMG_4739_zpsocprn2iq.jpg

WOW!!! I see some treasures here :-)

I am scared mine will not all fit in a photograph, but I will try soon. It is what I've listed, plus two Composite Acoustics and a 6-string mandolin. It is not just my lady that wonders what I'm doing but also my mother and father and probably my neighbors...

It is a shame that Buc's only guitar was accidentally made backwards.

Yeah, there is one ;-)

I did not record anything yet, but these days I'll try to do it and post here. Sounds pretty good for a brand new guitar.

That would be something ^

I got to know this brand many years ago from Donovan and Harrison and always found them exciting.

Congrats on yours - my ears look forward

I like looking at those and not going to attempt to sqeeze mine in to one photo!

Probably have heart attack taking them out of their cases and putting them back..... :rolleyes:

Or, headlines in the paper: 'guitar hoarder found dead under pile of guitar cases that appear to have fallen on him and smothered him'! [unsure]

BluesKing777.

cant wait for Tom to chip in, he will probably need two pages to cover all his vault.

I would like to post some pictures, but let me beg off on sort of the main focus of our flattop guitars -- basically Martins and Gibsons from 1930-1969. We love the combination of history, musical styles, instruments, and community that these encourage. Because there is pretty broad interest in these instruments, they tend to be pricey -- we had to manage them as a 40 year investment portfolio to own them.

But we had a lot broader interest than just those -- with musical interests to match. In addition the our sort of "home" genre of bluegrass -- think dreads and mastertone banjos -- we also loved mountain banjo, minstrel music, blues, ragtime, old time, folk revival, and mountain folk too. In my younger years, I even played in some (bad) rock bands. When you spread a large net, you catch a lot of stuff. Most vintage instruments have been pretty good investments -- but they were certainly not all pricey and they all made music.

So here are a few pictures that seldom get shown.

Specialty instruments from the 20s and 30s -- often found at flea markets -- my wife's collection.

junque_zpsj9ube8f4.jpg

Electrics

60elecs.jpg

Here is some older stuff -- before 1929

a1s.jpg

My wife is a bass player -- she loves old Kay S-51 "Chubby Jackson" 5-string basses.

c32s.jpg

But she has more -- here are a few

bassess.jpg

And finally old turn of the century banjos -- a minstrel, clawhammer, folk revival, and flea market favorite -- particularly in the 1970s.

b1s.jpg

Let's pick,

-Tom

I would like to post some pictures, but let me beg off on sort of the main focus of our flattop guitars -- basically Martins and Gibsons from 1930-1969. We love the combination of history, musical styles, instruments, and community that these encourage. Because there is pretty broad interest in these instruments, they tend to be pricey -- we had to manage them as a 40 year investment portfolio to own them.

But we had a lot broader interest than just those -- with musical interests to match. In addition the our sort of "home" genre of bluegrass -- think dreads and mastertone banjos -- we also loved mountain banjo, minstrel music, blues, ragtime, old time, folk revival, and mountain folk too. In my younger years, I even played in some (bad) rock bands. When you spread a large net, you catch a lot of stuff. Most vintage instruments have been pretty good investments -- but they were certainly not all pricey and they all made music.

So here are a few pictures that seldom get shown.

Specialty instruments from the 20s and 30s -- often found at flea markets -- my wife's collection.

junque_zpsj9ube8f4.jpg

Electrics

60elecs.jpg

Here is some older stuff -- before 1929

a1s.jpg

My wife is a bass player -- she loves old Kay S-51 "Chubby Jackson" 5-string basses.

c32s.jpg

But she has more -- here are a few

bassess.jpg

And finally old turn of the century banjos -- a minstrel, clawhammer, folk revival, and flea market favorite -- particularly in the 1970s.

b1s.jpg

Let's pick,

-Tom

All I know is you and your wife are now in my Top Ten Coolest People in the World Club!

1474834170[/url]' post='1801989']

Hello Mr. Gibbs... A Pyramid!

Here are my Fab Four: Martin D15, Gibson J50, Gibson Hummingbird, Eastman E20SS:

2fdb318a2e1a931682a6ab7efe41c885_zpsahpyyo0f.jpg

Hey just love that J50 ( and the Birds not bad either lol )

Hey just love that J50 ( and the Birds not bad either lol )

A hummingbird really is a beautiful thing no doubt , , but you're right in what you say I think. The j50's simplistic beauty really sticks out here. Having always wanted a hummingbird I think if someone said take your pick out of that row , I'd find it hard not to take that j50