Gibson Brands Forums

Job Interview

10K-DB

Been chatting some folks about job interviews a while back,,and I remember a trk I did a few yrs ago addressing this subject,,now keep in mind Im not trying to give a hard time to anybody underemployed or whatever,,its just how Ive perceived some of the job interviews Ive been to over the years,,,just a jab of fun at it all,, [flapper]http://soundcloud.com/scooter261/job-interview-by-10k-db-comedy

Hard to hear with all that clicking for me. My hearing aides pick that up very loud and not the voices as much. I knew a guy once that interviewed for a job with two others I knew that told me this guy showed up for an Interview in ragged torn shorts, holes in his Tennis shoes and a sleeveless shirt, and when the Superintendent asked him "why should I hire you?" His response was "because I'm a Vietnam Vet and the world owes me a living!" (Yes sir, he was a marine, I used to work with this guy and basically he said to him,) "Don't let the door hit you on the way out!" Knowing this guy for years I had to laugh.msp_flapper.gif

Hard to hear with all that clicking for me. My hearing aides pick that up very loud and not the voices as much. I knew a guy once that interviewed for a job with two others I knew that told me this guy showed up for an Interview in ragged torn shorts, holes in his Tennis shoes and a sleeveless shirt, and when the Superintendent asked him "why should I hire you?" His response was "because I'm a Vietnam Vet and the world owes me a living!" (Yes sir, he was a marine, I used to work with this guy and basically he said to him,) "Don't let the door hit you on the way out!" Knowing this guy for years I had to laugh.msp_flapper.gif

Yea,,the type-writers are up front a bit{clicking noise.},,it sounds different on different systems/playback a bit. Its just a fun comedy thing to do,,its not for everybody. Again,,not trying to make bad light of unemployed or any co hiring,,its just,, "average Joe lunchbucket" seems to be getting squeezed more and more these days,,and its just a humor jab at it. Your guy who showed up in shorts,ripped shirts ect. Not a good idea for an interview. As far as him thinkin hes "owed" a job,,2 schools of thought on that one,I respect/salute our military,,I have a few vets in my family,,great folks. And I have respect for our law enforcement+ our constitution in USA,,one of my grandparents was a Lieutenant @ Detroit police for close to 40yrs. Having served,,your guy does deserve some credit for serving,,now theres the fine line of definition ,,is he "more deserving" because of serving? Or is he being possibly being hired due to his skills+experience needed for the position? Tough call,,not sure working in HR dept anywhere would be for me. I would think most would side on the "skills + experience" needed for the spot. Wish the Both of you best of luck in your journey! [thumbup]

Guest Farnsbarns

Not to be contrary because this is clearly unusual but I once got a job precisely because I turned up in old trainers, slightly tatty jeans and a zip up hooded top over a tee shirt.

The interview invitation had said that they were a plain clothes company and that I should wear just my own casual comfortable clothes.

Everyone else wore a suit anyway and it seems that got up the interviewers nose a bit. She told me her thoughts at the end of the interview and offered me the job. It wasn't only the clothes but it had put everyone else slightly behind from the get go.

It was a sales job and it's fairly common to be interviewed as a group so there was about 6 of us sitting in the same room doing all sorts of tasks to compete with each other.

My first full-time assistant photographer job came about partly because I happened to mention in the interview that one of my pastimes/games was squash. It turned out that the photographer was a keen player and if there was a lull in the studio action he really enjoyed nipping out for a game at the hire-court a couple of minutes away...

Pip.

1474992524[/url]' post='1802452']

Yea,,the type-writers are up front a bit{clicking noise.},,it sounds different on different systems/playback a bit. Its just a fun comedy thing to do,,its not for everybody. Again,,not trying to make bad light of unemployed or any co hiring,,its just,, "average Joe lunchbucket" seems to be getting squeezed more and more these days,,and its just a humor jab at it. Your guy who showed up in shorts,ripped shirts ect. Not a good idea for an interview. As far as him thinkin hes "owed" a job,,2 schools of thought on that one,I respect/salute our military,,I have a few vets in my family,,great folks. And I have respect for our law enforcement+ our constitution in USA,,one of my grandparents was a Lieutenant @ Detroit police for close to 40yrs. Having served,,your guy does deserve some credit for serving,,now theres the fine line of definition ,,is he "more deserving" because of serving? Or is he being possibly being hired due to his skills+experience needed for the position? Tough call,,not sure working in HR dept anywhere would be for me. I would think most would side on the "skills + experience" needed for the spot. Wish the Both of you best of luck in your journey! [thumbup]

We were great friends for many years and the wife and I went out with him and his wife. But he started to change and started lieing a lot. He ended up thinking he was better then everyone else and being a Marine ment that no one in the world was better then him. I worked with him at the UP and before the Omaha shops closed down I couldn't stand to be next to him anymore. The guy went off on the deep end, had some screws loose.

Archived