Gibson Brands Forums

Johnny WInter Auction

SteveFord

I can't afford anything in that auction <_<

Same here, but so far that's not a problem for me.

His ca. 1965 Firebird V in Inverness Green, estimated $150,000 - $250,000, sold for $60,000. Not saying this is reasonable, but at least not that excessive as planned.

Same here, but so far that's not a problem for me.

His ca. 1965 Firebird V in Inverness Green, estimated $150,000 - $250,000, sold for $60,000. Not saying this is reasonable, but at least not that excessive as planned.

And the 1964 Gibson Firebird V sells today. They are estimating it at $200,000 - 300,000 and haven't gotten a bid on it yet.

I agree.

I called dibs on the Purple one and here's the site's exceedingly lame response:

We're sorry, but there's an error on our end. Our team is working on resolving it as soon as possible.

They probably want money down or something.

Last snap in the rolling slide show is interesting...

JW with a (presumably the) white FB-V behind him on the sofa; the Inverness Green FB-V beside that one plus a couple of others guitars.

But the FB-V he is playing has a Les Paul Standard type peghead...

P.

Last snap in the rolling slide show is interesting...

JW with a (presumably the) white FB-V behind him on the sofa; the Inverness Green FB-V beside that one plus a couple of others guitars.

But the FB-V he is playing has a Les Paul Standard type peghead...

P.

When I was viewing the slideshow yesterday, I was wondering about a mirror-inverted stage picture. Even in case of missing the Gibson script on the FB peghead, they should realise that all the other photos show him right-handed and therefore this one has to be mirrored. Does auction business ruin common sense, or did they just not care? :unsure:

Archived