Gibson Brands Forums

Stick to the acting Ben

Rabs

I don't own a Floyd record at all. Wish You Were Here and Comfortably Numb are two of my most favorite songs to be involved in singing. Ever. And the Numb solo is pretty fun to knock off. That was great, thank you very much!

rct

Get Aminals it is the cream of Floyd. Moon, Wish and The Wall are all great, Animals is THE S-HIT.

Ahh yeah man... Animals is great.. My only issue with it is its too short cos I want it to go on for ever.. :)

I have sat in the Pink Floyd coffee shop in Amsterdam totally off my head listening to that whole album... [thumbup]

I saw the Animals tour at Madison Square Garden, flying pig and all. They were great, the M80s raining down on us from the upper seats was not so good.

Even though it was only the first album, I prefer Syd Barrett's Pink Floyd over all the rest. It's such a shame what happened to him; I guess it was a combination of a possible mental imbalance, the pressure of suddenly becoming a big deal at a young age and being expected to crank out the next hit single on demand, prolonged drug abuse and then a massive overdose of LSD one fateful weekend.

I've been on a big Syd Barrett kick recently. The remastered Piper At The Gates of Dawn is really worth getting.

Archived