Gibson Brands Forums

New guitar sound test

MR GIBS

Since I first saw them I just wanted it...

Could not afford an original hand built by the master Tony Zemaitis...

Couldn't keep buy that one.

It was not easy for me to buy a Zemaitis Acoustic online.

I could do it at last and I suppose I did it because of their change to "Zemaitis Generation 2".

The instrument is made in China (don't know where exactly).

Strings are D'Addario EXP 12-54. The pic is Dunlop Tortex 0,60.

The video recorder is ZOOM Q3 HD. The mic is on high level position.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J3t5VoYqrXc

Gibs... man can you play.

Great strumming in the beginning. The guitar has nice full deep zing. Also, around 6 minutes in, you demonstrate the guitar's tone with some beautiful fingerpicking. Bravo.

Now with regards to looks... not my cup of tea... I like the traditional look, but that's just my own preference. It sounds beautiful.

Thanx for posting. The guitar sounds rich and lush - already loose, willing and able.

A lot of string-flavor, but one can feel the nature of the sweet thing by your splendid and poetic playing.

I like the hippie-look as well and would have hard time waiting till the top gets tanned.

China - Zemaitis Generation 2 !? - was it licensed out at some point. Must look into this.

Wow man, that Here Comes The Sun sings like actual rays of sun seen through a fountain. Something tells me this instrument will develop into sheer bliss.

China - Zemeitis Generation 2 !? - was it licensed out at some point. Must look into this.

The Zemaitis guitar company is based in Tokyo, Japan, but this product is made in China. It is written on the back of the head stock. It is original. They obviously need some sales lately.

Gibs, I've admired you guitar skills and technique since I first saw and heard you on YouTube. You are an excellent guitarist. As far as the guitar goes, I think it sounds very good. As far as "looks" go, I don't care for the heart-shaped soundhole and the "smiley face" bridge really kills it for me. But that's just my opinion. Doesn't make me right and someone else wrong.....It does sound pretty darn good....BUT, I imagine you can make a lot of guitars sound good....We all like different things. I hope you enjoy this guitar for a long time. [thumbup]

As far as "looks" go, I don't care for the heart-shaped soundhole and the "smiley face" bridge really kills it for me. But that's just my opinion.

I totally know what you mean, but personally have noticed a little growing cult-spot within, that kind of embraces exactly that.

Could never have it as a main guitar - yet the idea of taking it down when in certain moods intrigues me.

Would be a challenge though, , , and probably would end in trouble in company with fx BK's silver-spade. Never the less a somewhat backwards cühl idea.

As far as "looks" go, I don't care for the heart-shaped soundhole and the "smiley face" bridge really kills it for me. But that's just my opinion.

I fall on these kind of "piebald things". I know many of you, guys will not have one of these. Guitar really sounds good for a brand new instrument. When one first start to play on it one immediately feels it is made in China... It is really loud. There is much of the "expensive" sound of an all solid wood guitar inside that one. It will develop for sure. And there is one more thing for me - I am the only one who has that brand of acoustic guitar in my whole country Bulgaria. :-)

I'm all for you, buddy. So many different guitars and they're still all guitars. More than enough guitars to please all of us. Also, many of the Asian-made instruments are very good. "Made in China" doesn't mean it's not a quality instrument.....I hope to hear more of it. [thumbup]

Archived