Gibson Brands Forums

Morning Coffee.......

Buc McMaster

Rolled out this morning, put on the coffee and uncased the guitar. Slipped on my old 60s H Bar C Royal flush cowboy shirt, forgot to comb my hairs and banged out this broken hearted Dwight tune............. Little early for singing, me thinks, but got things to do today so it'll have to do.............

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bOEMKzT75kQ

Good one Buc! Love some Dwight ...... although not crazy 'bout his new album, an attempt at bluegrass treatment by simply changing the instruments I guess ...... but honky tonk is still honky tonk and Dwight apparently still needs Pete Anderson and his strat. I will say that his one non-Dwight number, Purple Rain is interesting. It's got my 2 1/2 year old granddaughter walking around singing Purple wain, Purple wain.

Well thank you, folks. It's good to be amongst friends.

Coffee cup......yep. Got the wife off to work, poured a cup and hit it. Do love me some coffee of a morning. And it is coffee, Sal.......with one sugar.

Haven't listened to any Dwight since the Blame the Vain release. His old honky tonk stuff is hard to beat and This Time is consistently perfect track to track.........very good stuff.

The wife dug out a pile of old photos and I found this one in it..........yes, I was young once......with dark hair! This was taken (an old Polaroid camera!) in a deer camp on the edge of western Oklahoma around 1985-86........I think. It's been awhile. Old shots like these can be thought provoking.

IMG_20161008_0001_zps6pyji5e3.jpg

Buc - have to say I always enjoy your music, though I'm not much of a cheerleader and rarely comment about posted offerings from forum members or anything I hear from the folks with whom I occasionally swap tunes live. Keep it coming; that lefty Hummingbird suits you! 👍

IMG_20161008_0001_zps6pyji5e3.jpg

Geez. I thought you was Billy Bob Thornton. And with all this Dwight Yoakam talk I was having trouble remembering if it was a slingblade or a kaiser blade.

I'd comment on your vid Buc, but I'm at work where we can surf but not listen. I'm sure it's up to your outstanding standard.

Edit: Yup, I was right. You sounded great Buc. I think you, your guitar, and that shirt are ready to play Bakersfield.

Archived