Gibson Brands Forums

The Beatles - Here Comes The Sun

acousticalfie

I don't comment on music posted here as most of it is terrible being played by terrible musicians and sung by people with tin ears. There are only three maybe four people that can sing on key and 5 or 6 that can play more than three chords.

Now, folks listen carefully. You will hear people that can sing on key and sing wonderful harmony. Please take notice of their entire presentation. Most of the folks here can't sing a simple melody line let alone complex harmony. They are dressed well and their wardrobe actually harmonizes. Check it out. Light verses dark from hats to shirts, ties and vests. This is a polished professional act and they are a credit to the guitars they play. Wonderful presentation. The Beatles would be proud.

This forum needs this type of music to make it credible. So.... For all you beginners... Look -Listen-Learn. To the few that can sing a melody line on key keep up the good work. For all the rest. Take some lessons and practice for many years and maybe you can overcome your tone deaf presentations here.

I know I will be flamed for this post so let's get on with it.

I know. It's cold and I'm crabby but it had to be said.

I don't comment on music posted here as most of it is terrible being played by terrible musicians and sung by people with tin ears. There are only three maybe four people that can sing on key and 5 or 6 that can play more than three chords.

Now, folks listen carefully. You will hear people that can sing on key and sing wonderful harmony. Please take notice of their entire presentation. Most of the folks here can't sing a simple melody line let alone complex harmony. They are dressed well and their wardrobe actually harmonizes. Check it out. Light verses dark from hats to shirts, ties and vests. This is a polished professional act and they are a credit to the guitars they play. Wonderful presentation. The Beatles would be proud.

This forum needs this type of music to make it credible. So.... For all you beginners... Look -Listen-Learn. To the few that can sing a melody line on key keep up the good work. For all the rest. Take some lessons and practice for many years and maybe you can overcome your tone deaf presentations here.

Thank you for your kind words. Sweet Child O' Mine video will be going out next month. I will be sure to post it here.

Why not be a man and name names ?

😄

I thought I posted this in Acoustical Performances but it appeared here. Apologies.

No apologies: this was the place to post it.

What's with the pickguard on the lead picker's 'bird? That's different, for sure. I'm not talking about the wear, but the actual design on the guard.

Looked at other videos of yours. All are really nicely done.

I also noticed the lead picker using a J-45 Custom (presumably a rosewood version) on another video.

The 'bird is a perfect choice for Here Comes the Sun.

Why expect more than the realistic. This is club where people meet to exchange their interest in guitars and playing them. And we do.

Contributions come from all angles and levels - it's fun to follow, , , and see how different members develop and fx become better singers, finger-pickers etc.

The Board isn't hung up on hooks of contest or professionalism. It revolves around a common passion for acoustic Gibsons.

In this way, it rolls like a Royce.

Have you ever posted a song ? I'm not updated with the 'Your Acoustical Performances' thread.

Or how about a few chords in your vintage Bird.

That would be something.

@Acousticalfie - Stay on Board and speak a bit about the guitars, your playing and stuff. Tell us why and how. Join the gang of acoustic souls here.

No apologies: this was the place to post it.

What's with the pickguard on the lead picker's 'bird? That's different, for sure. I'm not talking about the wear, but the actual design on the guard.

Looked at other videos of yours. All are really nicely done.

I also noticed the lead picker using a J-45 Custom (presumably a rosewood version) on another video.

The 'bird is a perfect choice for Here Comes the Sun.

I bought the Hummingbird copy for my guitarist to use. It was only £200 but an unknown make. It sounds really nice for that money.

Yes, agree with others, it is excellent!

If anything, and ignore me if you want, I thought the track was a touch hurried. Slowing it down a bit might let it breathe and let in a bit of 'grit' to the production. Too late now, they say, but we have already done the vid!

BluesKing777...smashing his guitars like Pete Townsend....... [mellow]

For all you beginners... Look -Listen-Learn. [...]

Obviously you do not include yourself in the so-have-to-learn-beginners-of-these-forums.

There is many people on this forum recording true, real music, alone in their bedroom or living, like they would play before friends at a BBQ on a summer night. I enjoy listening ALL of them, and that's what really makes this forum special and that is why i enjoy reading it everyday, whatever skills are, each has his own personnality.

Now to speak about the OP, that was awesome and i enjoyed watching this, it is inspiring with the 2 guitars and voices melt beautifully, and i can't wait to watch and listen more of your music. Thanks for this!

Obviously you do not include yourself in the so-have-to-learn-beginners-of-these-forums.

There is many people on this forum recording true, real music, alone in their bedroom or living, like they would play before friends at a BBQ on a summer night. I enjoy listening ALL of them, and that's what really makes this forum special and that is why i enjoy reading it everyday, whatever skills are, each has his own personnality.

Now to speak about the OP, that was awesome and i enjoyed watching this, it is inspiring with the 2 guitars and voices melt beautifully, and i can't wait to watch and listen more of your music. Thanks for this!

BBQ? Nobody told me about no BBQ! Any beer left? Who ate all the steak? [flapper]

BluesKing777.

Thank you all for your extremely kind comments and the video has had nearly 500 views in 2 days so thank you for helping make that happen.

Any sharing on social media would be awesome.

Next video will be sweet child o' mine released next month while I save to record the next batch.

Archived