Gibson Brands Forums

Gibson and Fender get along just fine...

80LPC

I've loved the sound of a Tele for a long time. Second only to the LP Standard in my opinion. Only recently did I have the cool perspective of both together in our little garage band. I too now actively look for them on youtube. Maybe that's one of those secrets of rock stars.

One of those secrets that's right out there in the open and often overlooked.

Wow! nice video' date=' is that you?

I think gibson and fender get along just riht, not only when using a gibson guitar through a fender amp, but on a band situation, having a player with a gibson and one with a tele is the best that can happen to you.[/quote']

No not me, but I wouldn't mind changing places ! He's a tasteful player with an amazing ES collection.

Agree with Gibson and Fender guitars complimenting each other, but my favourite combination is a Gibson guitar with Fender Rhodes ! I should have bought one years ago when they were dirt cheap during the DX7 boom !

Well... There are plenty of guys who do well with the various Fender sounds. Never cared much for their necks or sound for me. I liked a number of the old Fender amps, though. The "boards" just weren't me, nor were the necks. Sound? Hey, I couldda listened to Roy Buchanan 'til something froze over. I played in one country band where I did mostly rhythm and this guy with a Jazzmaster and made it sound as close to a pedal steel as you can get without a steel. Still...

I think there's a different thing between liking Joe Schmoe's picking and coveting his guitar, though.

One rock band I had the most short-term fun playing with had two semi-hollow Ricks and an ES-335. Nice sound there, too...

Archived