Gibson Brands Forums

Hoping they add a Goldtop to the 2017 Trad T

deadletteroffice

Loving the specs of the new 2017 Traditional T. I nearly picked one up today while Sweetwater had the 36 months no interest going, but when I finally went to pull the trigger the one I wanted was gone.

That said, I plan to pick one up when the right one comes along. I'd even pick up another of them later in the year if they made a Goldtop. Not seeing a Standard goldtop this year thus far, so maybe a Trad?

They are going to sell a boat load of that Goldtop classic.

Loving the specs of the new 2017 Traditional T. I nearly picked one up today while Sweetwater had the 36 months no interest going, but when I finally went to pull the trigger the one I wanted was gone.

That said, I plan to pick one up when the right one comes along. I'd even pick up another of them later in the year if they made a Goldtop. Not seeing a Standard goldtop this year thus far, so maybe a Trad?

They are going to sell a boat load of that Goldtop classic.

I've seen and played a Traditional. What is a Traditional T? What is the T for?

Hahahaha... in typically ridiculous Gibson nomenclature T = Traditional i.e. Traditional Traditional

As Ess said... it stands for "Traditional". In 2016 (and carried over into 2017) Gibson USA split their entire line into the "T" and "HP" lines (T=Traditional, HP=High Performance). The T line is spec'd like a typical Gibson USA guitar that we're are all familiar with... the HP has all the new features that Gibson been trying (rather unsuccesfully) to get customer/market buy-in on over the past few years... GForce etuners, wider neck, zero fret nut... and in 2017 the shaved "fast access heel".

Archived