Gibson Brands Forums

Deep Purple - "Perfect Strangers"

Searcy

Thanks for posting that, Searcy.

I had just moved back to the mainland from Germany about the time that album came out, and was busy with school and setting up house.

Never really had a chance to listen to it or get into it.

(Fool that I was.)

I appreciate a jolt of what I missed!

:)

Thank you for posting it here, Searcy. [thumbup]

I liked the "Perfect Strangers" album then and still do. However, I have a specific question for the experts.

The third song "Nobody's Home" sounds quite different and seems to consist of tracks recorded to inferior sound quality standards compared to the rest of the album. Then there are the "traditional" credits Blackmore/Gillan/Glover/Lord/Paice instead of Blackmore/Gillan/Glover as for all the other album tracks. My guess is that this song had already been recorded during the 1970's period of the Deep Purple Mk II lineup. Is there anything publicly available to confirm my assumption?

Love the song and the album.

I liked the "Perfect Strangers" album then and still do. However, I have a specific question for the experts.

The third song "Nobody's Home" sounds quite different and seems to consist of tracks recorded to inferior sound quality standards compared to the rest of the album. Then there are the "traditional" credits Blackmore/Gillan/Glover/Lord/Paice instead of Blackmore/Gillan/Glover as for all the other album tracks. My guess is that this song had already been recorded during the 1970's period of the Deep Purple Mk II lineup. Is there anything publicly available to confirm my assumption?

I have listened to that album hundreds of times, but have never notice anything different about that song.

Now I am going to have to get it out and have another listen! [blink]

This record came out what I was 14. I bought it as soon as I could get to the record store and to this day it's one of the most important records I have ever owned.

I have always felt that Nobody's Home had a very different from the rest of the record but I never thought about it being a hold over from the 70's. Interesting idea.

I had a ticket to see them on that tour. I was in about 11th grade. Blackfoot was the opening band I think. As we pulled into the parking lot, I realized that my ticket was siting on top of my dresser in my bedroom. [cursing] I'm leaving out some details, but I ended up listening to the concert from the Columbia Mall parking lot. :( It sounded really good from what I remember.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived