Gibson Brands Forums

How Much Time......?

Digger

....do you spend on forums such as this one each day?

I think I contribute to about 6 forums currently, 4 of them being guitar forums. The other two are kayak fishing forums here in Oz.

After I get up each morning I do the rounds and can spend an hour or more reading and writing if I feel I have something to contribute.

I must say at this stage that I'm retired and have the available time to do this. I also start early at about 0600.

I usually check around a couple of times during the day and then a couple of times during the evening.

I guess my forum time might be in the region of 2 hours a day?

How about you?

This forum is the only one I frequent regularly. Time varies a lot, especially lately as things are more quiet, and even though I read posts that aren't in my area I don't like to make ignorant responses. Probably from 30 minutes to an hour per day is about my average.

Way less than Rabs!! [tongue][laugh] (kidding mate, I just always seem to notice you are on when I am [smile] )

Just here - I have no interest in any other forums as they seem to be time bandits. I checked and I apparently have 1.78 posts per day - so about a dozen a week, which I can live with. Unless there's a real topic of interest going on I'd check first thing in the morning, maybe at lunch, and in the evening. 30 mins maybe? (Which still equates to several days a year! [scared] )

I check in here a few times a day and maybe post once or twice. I usually check a couple other forums daily but don't always post. I used to be super active on a popular Toyota truck forum before it got hijacked by political extremists (including one of the admins).

This one, about a half hour a day.

Two guitar web forums where I moderate (axecentral.com and guitarbuddies.com) about a half hour total for both, a day.

A political web forum where I am just a visitor, (debatepolitics.com), probably an hour total.

I don't visit Facebook anymore.

The American Presidential race has gotten so stupid and out of hand, I really cannot afford to post my usual truths.

As I am known to do.

(They would cost me friends, and would very likely inspire the US Secret Service to come to my house and arrest me.)

[crying]

Guest Farnsbarns

About an hour in total, usually during smoking breaks at work. A bit each evening too. I use fhis forum and a bonsai forum. The latter being only fairly recently.

A couple of the minor guitar forums I participate in I was dragged along when splinter groups broke off. Mainly I followed because I didn't want to lose contact with people I like.

One that happened with, has turned out to be a place of much entertainment and I probably post more there that here these days.

Being retired too, I find myself looking at this forum a couple times a day. Retirement is wonderful, I highly recommend it.

This. With sometimes nothing else to do but "surf the net", I gravitate here. May or may not stay long, depending on what's been said and what I might want to omment on, but I'm not a slave to other forums either.

This year I have pretty much averaged 2 hours a day and sometimes more or less. I read a great deal more and try to post where I can. I visit here, welcome and the Epiphone lounge to see what's going on. Mostly I visit once a day from 10:00 to midnight when things are quite and frankly, I'm getting very sick of Facebook and all the lies that are on it and I hate politics which it is full of.

Lately I haven't spent much time on the Gibson or Epiphone groups. Most my time on the internet has been following links and stories of political happenings here in the states, trying to separate the bullshit from the facts so I can make informed decisions when I vote next week. The state of my nation has become a priority this election cycle. So, that being said, my guitar forum time is approximately 20 to 30 minutes daily with my research time fact checking is in the order of 2 to 3 hours daily.

1478083204[/url]' post='1809719']

I bet. My current goal.

I truly hope you love it when the time comes. msp_flapper.gif Lol, the wife bought me a retirement clock about 3 years before the actual time. Don't do that. Time went so slow in the anticipation, hours of the work day seemed like weeks. I couldn't wait to get out of that job I hated it so much. Now weeks and months seem to fly by way too fast but I do love it. We get to spend every day with the grandson while his mom and dad are at work and it's a blast.

I bet. My current goal.

23 months and a week for us. This building, these people, this job, have all become some freak show alien universe to us, and we are just moving through it towards the opening at the other end. 23 months and a week, we'll drive through it to Gainesville FL. Just bizarre. I'll start three bands. She'll finish her BFA. Can't effing wait.

rct

Archived