Gibson Brands Forums

Wanted to share some news about a booking.

bayoubengal1954

I have been working for over a year to get Crossing Canal (a duo I'm in with Ruby Ross) a booking at the legendary New Orleans club Tipitina's for the Homegrown Music Series and we have finally gotten on the schedule for November 17th. Tipitina's has had many notable artists play there including Wilco, Lucinda Williams, John Prine, Nine Inch Nails, Pearl Jam, Lenny Kravitz, Bonnie Raitt, James Brown, Widespread Panic, Stevie Ray Vaughan, Tim McGraw, Goo Goo Dolls, Parliament Funkadelic, Robert Cray, Patti Smith, Willie Nelson, Buddy Guy, Dresden Dolls, and Medeski, Martin & Wood.

http://www.tipitinas.com/events/homegrown-night-concert-series-7

The Crossing Canal website is at:Crossing Canal

It's just a little 30 minute set on a Thursday, but I'm still pretty excited. Thanks for reading!

Homegrown%20Poster_zps9ql3hw1m.jpg

I'm excited for you Pat.

You write great songs, sing fantastic... and are most deserving of such a real gig.

Folks go to a place or venue to hear you play. Folks go to a venue to drink by me... and I happen to be there :)

That's very kind of you, Sal, but most of my gigs tend to be "folks drinking by me gigs" as well (this one being an exception). [biggrin] Not too long ago I did a solo show at a local neighborhood joint and there were only two patrons in the establishment...who were arguing loudly with each other about the Saints...while I played. Such is the glamorous life of the journeyman musician...but it is my favorite job to this date.

Archived