Gibson Brands Forums

OMG - *vintage* Hendrix strat on eBay

C-RAM

Yes - 'vintage'. There's no indication of what that means, or what year this particular model was produced, but THIS GUITAR WAS SIGNED BY JIMI HENDRIX' BROTHER, LEON.

From the item specifics: "Leon has an amazing signature. Quite breathtaking."

I mean, I don't have the money for an item like this, but if I did, I'd be overjoyed with having excess cash...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/vintage-Fender-white-guitar-strat-stratocaster-signed-by-jimi-hendrix-bro-james/282143799234?_trksid=p2045573.c100033.m2042&_trkparms=aid%3D111001%26algo%3DREC.SEED%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D38530%26meid%3Ddebfc48eb92840cab15ca3bffcba0385%26pid%3D100033%26rk%3D6%26rkt%3D8%26sd%3D401215766045

Better Leon than Jamie.

You must mean Janie Hendrix?

Interesting because she got Leon cut out of the Hendrix estate some years ago despite his DNA evidence - it is in his book "A Brother's Story".

I thought that the same court decision also prevented them (the estate) from using the Hendrix signature as a marketing tool - but I could be wrong on that.

This guitar wasn't even made until at least 20 yrs after Jimi's tragic death.

From the seller's blurb -

"Stratocaster signed by Jimi Hendrix brother and fellow Musician, Leon Hendrix.

I'm helping the estate sell THIS GUITAR to a new home, museum or HARDROCK style restaurant."

My bold and italics. I will be very surprised indeed if Leon Hendrix wants to help the estate - Hendrix Experience LLC - in any way whatsoever.

I think this is BS.

You must mean Janie Hendrix?

Interesting because she got Leon cut out of the Hendrix estate some years ago despite his DNA evidence - it is in his book "A Brother's Story".

I thought that the same court decision also prevented them (the estate) from using the Hendrix signature as a marketing tool - but I could be wrong on that.

This guitar wasn't even made until at least 20 yrs after Jimi's tragic death.

From the seller's blurb -

"Stratocaster signed by Jimi Hendrix brother and fellow Musician, Leon Hendrix.

I'm helping the estate sell THIS GUITAR to a new home, museum or HARDROCK style restaurant."

My bold and italics. I will be very surprised indeed if Leon Hendrix wants to help the estate - Hendrix Experience LLC - in any way whatsoever.

I think this is BS.

That's who I meant. I don't like her.

Guest Farnsbarns

I wish they'd be clear about the returns policy...

terms: Selling guitar as is with a 100% Guarantee this is authentic

signature. Has COA. Guitar is basic model fender model Stratocaster guitar.

USA = shipping = $ FREE (FOR Ltd. time) $65.88 - Int'l 246.12 - packed properly w neck off for worldwide buyers.

This is selling for an estate, sorry no returns. not a sore just a friend clearing out some great estate pieces.

On Oct-30-15 at 23:58:43 PDT, seller added the following information:JUST ADDED INSIDE NECK CAVITY PICS. (requested)

Photos of BACK OF NECK ALSO ADDED.

BOTH LOOK AMAZING...CLEAN...

SOLID HARD MAPLE NECK

---

TERMS: (continued)

We want a happy buyer. Please ask any questions prior to bidding. If assumptions are made by anyone, it can complicate things. IF YOUR - Just NOT SURE, ASK US :) We want HAPPY buyers, who, by bidding, agree to follow contractual terms. Our rates are fair, our products are amazing, rare and described accurately.

If sellers can't report scammers, to warn other sellers, then scammers ARE POSITIVELY PRESENT IN THE EBAY community. We want honest buyers who follow contractual terms please. We sell wholesale as is on all items, please see our feedback, people really like our formula of low rates, fast shipping, wholesale items AS IS.

WE SELL AMAZING RARE ITEMS, AS IS, FOR FAIR RATES.

Many vintage items we bring to market are one of a kind, and RARE… MANY if nor MOST ALL items we sell, are made before we were even born, so we can't guarantee products we never help build. But we can locate rare great items…and we will accurately describe all we see and pack with great care. WE PACK KNOWING THE BOX WILL BE MISHANDLED…after all, even the shipping industry calls the package handlers "TOSSERS" since they throw the boxes many times during transit.

WE SELL QUALITY ITEMS, PACKED WELL. SOLD IN "AS-FOUND" VINTAGE "AS IS" SHAPE.

ALL ITEMS described with great accuracy, AS-IS, sold with both parties understanding we are not a store. AS IS is sold in "as found" state… The terms state seller and buyer are agreeing to no returns, heck see our hundreds, hundreds, and hundreds of happy buyers. Filing a claim on an as is item is fraudulent. Do not buy if you don't understand that "AS-IS" literally means sold in its current, used state, so if you want a returnable item to browse please pass on this fine item If you choose to buy know items are as is.

KNOW WE CARE, WE PACK WELL • WE TRY TO TEST ITEMS IF POSSIBLE

(some items like old mic's with weird, or no plugs are hard TO TEST) But we are getting RARE ESTATE ITEMS - We price WHOLESALE, if you need a guarantee email us and we can discuss a guarantee, but we will need to charge full retail rates. No warranties or guarantees are implied or expressed in any way. All items Sold as is, See our feedback, we treat you right, but if you buy something WHOLESALE AS IS, to ask for a partial refund is not a possibility as outlined in these terms. We sell for estates only. We have "0" tolerance for fraud, feedback extortion and related scams. SORRY NO RETURNS WE HAVE NO STORE :) We are clearing out all vintage , rare & UNIQUE ITEMS. - OUR FEEDBACK SAYS IT ALL :) HAVE A GREAT eaby DAY!

I started to read the info on the Leon Hendrix guitar, but my eye was drawn to the ad below, for a lesser-priced guitar.

Yowza.

No wonder so many people spend a great deal of time and money on eBay!!

[woot]

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1979-GIBSON-ES-335-TOBACCO-SUNBURST-EXCELLENT-ORIGINAL-CASE-VINTAGE-RARE/231945576856?_trksid=p2047675.c100009.m1982&_trkparms=aid%3D888007%26algo%3DDISC.MBE%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D40149%26meid%3D1be018dab686411bace6ec39e043176d%26pid%3D100009%26rk%3D1%26rkt%3D2%26sd%3D282143799234

It should certainly get the seller some more views....makes you wish does it? [biggrin]

Hey C-R, this ebay Leon Hendrix Strat thread is turning out to be a right rib-tickling side-splitting thigh-slappin' larf-a-minute chucklefest!

Um...

[sad]

[crying] [crying]

Hey C-R, this ebay Leon Hendrix Strat thread is turning out to be a right rib-tickling side-splitting thigh-slappin' larf-a-minute chucklefest!

Um...

Now I feel bad, John (I'm Marc, by the way) - is there anything I can do to redeem myself?

Now I feel bad, John (I'm Marc, by the way) - is there anything I can do to redeem myself?

No worries Marc...my attempts at humour are worse.....think I better go and play a few Wind Cries Marys...

Totally irrelevant but I like this flashy LP Ultima -

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Gibson-Les-Paul-Harp-Lady-Custom-Ultima-Violet-Crush-Electric-Guitar-/172394899603?hash=item2823896893:g:SusAAOSwXeJYGPWo

No worries Marc...my attempts at humour are worse.....think I better go and play a few Wind Cries Marys...

(whew!) Thanks, buddy!

'Flashy' may be an understatement!

Archived