Gibson Brands Forums

Walnut heaven

cody78

Remind me of the walnut LP Artisan.

That's what I thought. Those Artisan models were some of the nicest looking LP's, along with 'The Les Paul' from 1976 and the Spotlight Special models. Interesting that Gibson has never reissued any of these to my knowledge (except if you include the Epi Artisan a year or two back). I'm sure there would be a market for some of these rarer models as reissues.

It would also be nice to see reissues of the LP Personal, Professional and Recording. I know they did reissue the Recording the other year, but I missed out!

Interesting that Gibson has never reissued any of these to my knowledge...

Honest. Seriously. They weren't all that great the first time around, so, prolly a good reason not to.

rct

The Gibson is stock (1970) the Epiphone is not.

Tell me, is the 330 Walnut? Just curious.

I have no idea.

My response was not to walnut guitars, but to the specific Artisan(just ok), The Paul, and the Spotlight Special, neither of which were all that great.

rct

Honest. Seriously. They weren't all that great the first time around, so, prolly a good reason not to.

rct

Well, I have to admit I was just going on appearances. I've never tried an Artisan, The Paul, Spotlight or any low impedance Gibson, but they look great to me and always wanted to try one. I'm 32, so I wasn't around when any of them came out and have never seen any in used stores in my area, but I've heard they are very heavy. Heavy guitars don't bother me too much, but would be interesting to see how they play and sound in person.

Archived