And the beards have all grown longer overnight

I'll tip my hat to the new constitution

Take a bow for the new revolution

Smile and grin at the change all around

Pick up my guitar and play

Just like yesterday

Then I'll get on my knees and pray

We don't get fooled again

Don't get fooled again" - Pete Townshend .

There's nothing in the streets

Looks any different to me

And the slogans are replaced, by-the-bye

And the parting on the left

Are now parting on the right

And the beards have all grown longer overnight

I'll tip my hat to the new constitution

Take a bow for the new revolution

Smile and grin at the change all around

Pick up my guitar and play

Just like yesterday

Then I'll get on my knees and pray

We don't get fooled again

Don't get fooled again

I call plagiarism.

That's not your statement.

I'll just add that a lot of people likely did get fooled again - as is always the case. Pete's lyrics are hopefully pessimistic (see what I did there), but we are suckers. Just because the bait is different the hook is still gonna hurt (I just made up a cool fishing metaphor - I should write a song about that). [biggrin]

I'll just add that a lot of people likely did get fooled again - as is always the case. Pete's lyrics are hopefully pessimistic (see what I did there), but we are suckers. Just because the bait is different the hook is still gonna hurt (I just made up a cool fishing metaphor - I should write a song about that). [biggrin]

Well said Surf ... lol.

I'll just add that a lot of people likely did get fooled again

Mark Twain (Samuel Clements) once said something to the effect of "It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them that they've been fooled". I'm thinking that he was right.

1478733948[/url]' post='1811323']

This was intended as a not so veiled political statement. I was glad the election was over. And fed up with people that are running around crying as if their lives as they know it are now over.

Me too. So much hatred, name calling and back stabbing on Facebook, I'm sick of it. Glad it's over.

Mark twain was right about allot of things Maybe mistaken but is he the one that also said "it is better to let them think you are a fool than it is to open your mouth and remove all doubt"? Or was that someone else?

I understood the political connotation of your (townsend) the who, quote and that you were not attempting to claim it as yours. It made sense and was fitting. No matter what opinions of the outcome, its just another one getting ready to bite the dust. (Queen ref). "another ones gone another ones gone another one bites the dust"

1478744299[/url]' post='1811355']

I'm glad I don't do Facebook! lgLavdf.gif

Good for you. I would have never started it. My son created the account for me and ran it with friends adding comments and such and I never knew about it for over a year. He faked a photo of me of a bodybuilder posing with my head photo shopped on it. Lots of people thought it was me. When I found out I was upset some but then had to maintain it because of what he started and friends and family grew as people kept friending me. Now it's like impossible to get off. I tried once before.

Boy am I glad I didn't proceed with copyright. That would have been embarrassing.

Lol. That'll learn ya.

And another one here not on fb. I used to be but I hated it. I cancelled it.

I don't give a rats a$$ what the hell you are eating,thinking or doing. I really don't.

Archived