Gibson Brands Forums

I guess I'll hang my tears out to dry - old torch song on j-45

flatbaroque

From chord #2, I knew: "that there's some baby-makin' music."

A change of genre will do a soul fine from time to time. Although the natural reverb of that room has been a favorite for many of the songs you'd shared, it would be interesting to hear it done in the smaller, more intimate setting as you'd done on your Garota de Ipanema cover, but maybe by early evening light to suit the song.

Nice. Stay well.

From chord #2, I knew: "that there's some baby-makin' music."

A change of genre will do a soul fine from time to time. Although the natural reverb of that room has been a favorite for many of the songs you'd shared, it would be interesting to hear it done in the smaller, more intimate setting as you'd done on your Garota de Ipanema cover, but maybe by early evening light to suit the song.

Nice. Stay well.

ha..thanks 62B! For conception purposes I'd go with Diana Krall's version.I'm sure the baby would turn out better looking [wink]

Very nice, sir! What a fine old melody in this one! Tunes used to be melody driven like this.......melody came first and the accompaniment was built to fit. Seems a lot of melodies these days are driven by the accompaniment, reversing the order of things.

Well done, FB! B)

Thanks Cowboy!

BBG and Keith..I don't often hear myself and class mentioned in the same sentence..cheers for that.

BK..don't think i've ever played an archtop..looking forward to your gift.

Sal..haha..I can't control the guitar face..the harder I concentrate the more constipated I look!

Hi Anne ..yea I like to wander around a bit. Hungarian Polka tune next..or maybe not.

Buc, astute observation on melody v accompaniment.I agree.

Well that was very, very lovelly you old crooner. I reckon with these types of tunes you have really found your corner, keep it up. I can definitely see you play a few of the dark, late night jazz cocktail bars here in Prague, while a couple pretty Czech ladies enjoy your presence while smoking their cigars and enjoying a whisky sour. [cool]

Thanks Kelly , Lars, Blue Notes - too kind!

EA looking forward to you getting me a gig in Prague.Just make sure that the bar doesn't only have cigar smoking Czech ladies exclusively and is called "Little Lesbos"..as I may not be their cup o' tea! [blink]

No, but might get you a gig at a lovelly Burlesque bar - deal ?

Archived