Gibson Brands Forums

Sunday Song: 1961 CHORD VIDEO ADDED

Buc McMaster

Lest we forget what guitars are actually for..........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-Y8Qbipw28

Someone asked for the chords to this one, and understanding that a picture is worth a thousand words, I made a new video of what the clumsy fingers are doing here........

INTRO: Am Dm F E (with little riffs in there too.....)

VERSE: Am Dm Em A Dm Fm [C Dm B7 E] first time through [C G C7] second time through

CHORUS: F Dm F Am D G Em Am D G E

I have no idea how to express how the chords are timed......how long to hang on to them........hence the video as demonstration, and still I struggle to explain it. The strings are Masterbuilt lights, about three weeks old, half step down, capo at the first, Blue Chip 50 pick. Again recorded with iMovie with the Blue Yeti.

Now go play it!

Good job, Buc.

Always loved Gene Pitney's voice, and he wrote some great songs for himself and others.

"Town without Pity" is a tricky one. The words of the song appealed a lot to my 14-year-old self, with its subtext of youthful angst and isolation. The movie the song came from was pretty dark and ugly for the time, however.

Hearing this song sent me down the rabbit hole known as memory lane. As long as Buc is doing songs recorded by Gene Pitney, it would be natural for him to do " The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance".

Surely the guy who wrote "Streets of Helldorado" could do justice to the lines "Because the point of a gun was the only law that Liberty understood; when it came to shooting straight and fast, he was mighty good".

Hearing this song sent me down the rabbit hole known as memory lane. As long as Buc is doing songs recorded by Gene Pitney, it would be natural for him to do " The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance".

Surely the guy who wrote "Streets of Helldorado" could do justice to the lines "Because the point of a gun was the only law that Liberty understood; when it came to shooting straight and fast, he was mighty good".

And he's a Texan so he's bound to have the necessary hat

Well thanks, folks! I suppose this is one of the original teen angst songs, Nick, long before the whining of the 90s. The problems of the young are greatly exaggerated in their own perception........i mean how, bad is a pimple, really. That was then, this is now. Things have changed.......

Believe it or not, Liberty Valance is on the short list already, but I'm still trying to decide if the modulation of the last verse works for me or not. Great tune!

Believe it or not, Liberty Valance is on the short list already, but I'm still trying to decide if the modulation of the last verse works for me or not. Great tune!

Yeah, that modulation up ain't an easy one for a natural baritone like you. How you gonna do those mournful fiddles?

Archived