Gibson Brands Forums

someone help me for the choice please

hoross

Its been a while im hesitating between a beautiful R7 Goldtop standard historic reissue and a lemon burst R8.

The R8 i was testing was amazing but the R7 Goldtop i can only order and not try so anyone experience with that guitar and by the years which one will be the most rarely item to find?

I appreciate for the help :)

Its been a while im hesitating between a beautiful R7 Goldtop standard historic reissue and a lemon burst R8.

The R8 i was testing was amazing but the R7 Goldtop i can only order and not try so anyone experience with that guitar and by the years which one will be the most rarely item to find?

I appreciate for the help :)

If you have already played the R8 and it is amazing, then your search has ended. I don't know how any other guitar could be better then "amazing". Buying an R8 or an R7 without playing it is a major gamble even if you trust the sales person. Your opinion of the guitar may not be the same as the person telling you about it. You can really only make the decision by playing both yourself. If you want an R7 more than an R8, you should find a way to play some. Each one will be different than the next as there are so many variables in wood, pickups and neck profiles. Just my opinion.....

Archived