Gibson Brands Forums

Let's see your amps!

Dub-T-123

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love it too. It's a noisey amp though. I keep meaning to do a recap in the power supply.

You modded one didn't you? If I remember rightly let me know what you did and what you achieved.

Cheers

We did some mods to a couple, including taming the aggressiveness on the drive channel and installing a slope control. Also installed a boost volume control.

Demo -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xjKLP_2eijI

Schematics posted at https://www.facebook.com/FenderSupersonic22/

I forgot that we installed a Weber 12F150 speaker - a big improvement over the cheesy Fender Special design speaker,

[thumbup]

Guest Farnsbarns

We did some mods to a couple, including taming the aggressiveness on the drive channel and installing a slope control. Also installed a boost volume control.

Demo -

I forgot that we installed a Weber 12F150 speaker - a big improvement over the cheesy Fender Special design speaker,

[thumbup]

Thanks. Appreciate that. The only reason I put up with the gastly orange on this FSR model is that they fitted a celestian speaker instead of the eminence crap F fit in the standard moder but the other mods are of interest. Cheers!

Nice! What tweed are you after?

Well, truth is I'm after a Fender, doesn't have to be a tweed.

Thing is I have very limited experience with them.

I really like the Princeton, and Blues Deluxe.

But to stay realistic I think a Blues Junior would do it for me, especially after hearing one last week in a small club. The guy was using it with a Custom Tele and only a boost for solos. Oh and facing the wall behind him.

A true thing of beauty!

Well, truth is I'm after a Fender, doesn't have to be a tweed.

Thing is I have very limited experience with them.

I really like the Princeton, and Blues Deluxe.

But to stay realistic I think a Blues Junior would do it for me, especially after hearing one last week in a small club. The guy was using it with a Custom Tele and only a boost for solos. Oh and facing the wall behind him.

A true thing of beauty!

I tune louder than that.

rct

Hahaaa!!!

Hmmmm....

At some moment's the guitar seemed to disappear under the bassline, the bass player had some Fender too, don't know...

Something bigger two twelvy, really loud. But whe the guitar was ther it was nice.

In the 90s the Blooz Jr was everywhere, and everybody said the same thing: "Oh man, this is all you need for even a big gig!". k so, I used them quite a few times and honestly I'da had to put the thing on my shoulder if I wanted or needed to hear myself. Start up the drums and bass and keys and forget it, it disappears. Every time. So sure, in some instances, fully mic'd to the front guys sure, it would work great. 90% of what I ever do isn't that.

rct

Demo -

[thumbup]

I'm using a Weber 12F150 with my 5e3 build. Sounds awesome!!

In the 90s the Blooz Jr was everywhere, and everybody said the same thing: "Oh man, this is all you need for even a big gig!". k so, I used them quite a few times and honestly I'da had to put the thing on my shoulder if I wanted or needed to hear myself. Start up the drums and bass and keys and forget it, it disappears. Every time. So sure, in some instances, fully mic'd to the front guys sure, it would work great. 90% of what I ever do isn't that.

rct

I agree 100%

One of the times when my ac30 broke (lol) I borrowed a Blues Jr from my buddy in the studio next to us. The thing was just not loud enough. Especially if you want any kind of cleans at "band volume", it isn't gonna happen with that amp.

Fender makes a lot of good amps though CO Jones. Really depends on your needs. I'm definitely loving my Twin for its ability to be nice and clean at "band volume", but others may want something that breaks up at a lower volume

Here's my 1968 Super Reverb. Early '68 with blackface circuit. All original, down to the 2 prong cord (although I am having the court replaced).

IMG_2387_zpsnjtl6ea0.jpg

Sweeeeeeet!!! Are you the original owner? I love Seattle btw best food ever

Weber's are great speaks. I have one in an extension cab.

Yeah I'm really happy with the speaker. I'm thinking about building their Revibe which has the early tremolo circuit from tweed Fenders and spring reverb in one box

• 1 month later...

I'll play

Trusty (or thrusty, either way,

7C0009B5-4531-4712-867E-82D9C914AD24_zpsiurvdv21.jpg

The evil twin cab on the other side of the room by the drum set

B08B5CFD-5081-429E-8EA6-83B37151F9FF_zpsjdovgju0.jpg

Marshall SL-5

58700833-03A4-47C7-8F74-F94E6016B18F_zpsjmsn8pyn.jpg

Fender Champ I made into head and a Groove Tubes cab

AD5D23E3-8C00-4027-A670-DC497C94510A_zpsekawvuxp.jpg

Randall RD5 Diavlo, I keep this one connected directly to my interface since it has an XLR out and works great.

A4E64AB2-875D-4999-BE33-F3FB9B8C793B_zps2mql4pqr.jpg

1964 Vox Student

F00C0B68-1574-4B3E-91F6-951C31ED3321_zpsiehuirqe.jpg

Mystery small vintage 60's 1x12 cab made in Japan

663D0621-7322-4D8B-98E7-B3AB081FF404_zpsggfqc1a8.jpg

Epiphone Jr head and Marshall 1965a cab, these are not a match or set I actually hardly even run them together. Or anything lately for that matter.

0CACC12A-5A08-40F7-8C70-B573E1CC7F6B_zps0hp8zlr0.jpg

Archived