Gibson Brands Forums

I'll Be Back

Californiaman

Sacramento, CA for my son's fourth grade field trip to Sutter's Fort and Mill. Plus the state capitol and some other sight seeing. Yeah, there will be about 75 of us going. We're staying at Sutter's Fort. That's where James Marshall discovered gold in the summer of 1848, for you historically challenged and non-US members of the forum. That single event started one of the most recognized migrations of humanity history has ever seen.

I wish I could go there and tell my elected legislators off. I hope I run into some of them. I should give them a piece of my mind. They've thoroughly F##k#d up California. My buddy got an IOU for his $1,300.00 state income tax return.

Thanks Terminator.

You run my state like it's one of your low budget movies. Horrible.

Good bye for now.

See you next week some time.

Snapshot2009-02-0819-39-38.jpg

Hey cunkead:

If you take your time and start writing some of this stuff down from the forums, you'd tap into one of the richest gold mines ever. There is so much potential in this "Lounge'. I'm not kidding you. I walk away from here sometimes thinking what a great idea for an album. Tons of songs can be mined from this baby.

Well I wish you luck, but please put things in perspective. As bad as things are in CA they are much worse here in NYS, where literally 3 men control everything and we have the highest taxes in the nation. I love being back but I, like so many parents, wonder if our kids will be able to find any jobs here. Check out this report. They state "Simply put, the old Soviet Union's Politburo was more of a Democratic institution than the New York State Legislature." This is absolutely true. So I'll trade you Paterson for Arnold any day.

Sacramento' date=' CA for my son's fourth grade field trip to Sutter's Fort and Mill. Plus the state capitol and some other sight seeing. Yeah, there will be about 75 of us going. We're staying at Sutter's Fort. That's where James Marshall discovered gold in the summer of 1848, for you historically challenged and non-US members of the forum. That single event started one of the most recognized migrations of humanity history has ever seen.

I wish I could go there and tell my elected legislators off. I hope I run into some of them. I should give them a piece of my mind. They've thoroughly F##k#d up California. My buddy got an IOU for his $1,300.00 state income tax return.

Thanks Terminator.

You run my state like it's one of your low budget movies. Horrible.

Good bye for now.

See you next week some time.

[img']http://i554.photobucket.com/albums/jj438/Californiaman5/Snapshot2009-02-0819-39-38.jpg[/img]

you've got a great theme here. 'the only thing we learn from history is that we never learn from history'. sure the gold rush conjured up images in the minds of dreamers that was, in essence, the heart of the american dream. but the insurmountable despair it caused. the empty promises that not only still echo, but continue to be repeated. the dustbowl migration that steinbeck nailed in 'grapes of wrath'.we take our children to these parks, sites and monuments and it seems we're celebrating the failure. you touch on that by bringing the past into the present when you mention arnold. sorry if i offend - i'm meerly touched by the timeless symbolism of your story. thanks. write the tune!

Man, californiaman You missed a golden moment. Instead of "Im Leaving" You should hve said "I'll Be Back". Sutters Fort? Tell The truth your going to see Mickey and his crew. Maybe sneek in and see Snowwhite while the dwarfs are in the Diamond mine. Dig for a little GOLD There.

No Steven, the "tragic kingdom" is south of here, behind the "orange curtain".

I do miss not living in the OC. Maybe someday I'll get to go home. But then again, someone once said, you can never really go home.

Santa Barbara County is my home for now.

Maybe a trip to D'land this May. Daddy always took me to Mickey's House for my Birthday when I was growing up. That's the least I can do for my kids now that the torch has been passed.

God I love this sight.

You guys are great.

Greetings from Sacramento. Hope you enjoy your time here. Sutter's Fort and Mill are rather large attractions for European tourists. The Gold Rush is quite well known there partly because Sutter was an immigrant from Switzerland, they think of him as a native son.

As far as ranting at the legislature, don't bother, most of them are owned by special interests and anything a "constituent" might have to say isn't even heard by them. But enough of the rant. Have a good time.

Archived