Gibson Brands Forums

Wanted: 1946-1951 Gibson J-45(not J-50)

gotomsdos

Hi, I'v been looking for a 1946-1951 Gibson J-45(not J-50)..not got it yet.

firstly, thank guys who helped me like tvguit,etc.

Original bridge and saddle

One or two little repaired cracks would be OK.

Loose braces must be reglued.

Play wears (even a bit more) would be OK.

Typical sound of that era, beautiful sound would be better. A visual clip with the guitar would be better.

Any reply would be appreciated.

Head on over to the "Reverb" website-they've got a few vintage 1940's J-45's but be prepared to spend around $10,000 US. Happy hunting!

Thank you olie so much !

I'm looking at a described "1948" J-45 for 5700 USD, But it's a 1950 one. And the wood around its soundhole was eaten a side. On the top was eaten a few small meats, not so clean. So if it's below 5000 USD, I'll consider it...

$10,000 US ???

Oh, my god !

I'm not so rich... my budget is below 5500 USD. With especially good sounding, Maximum is 6000 USD

It might be difficult to find something "decent" at that price. The problem with affordable vintage instruments is that they may require a lot of re-hab to get them into good playing order and that might raise the cost in the end.

It might be difficult to find something "decent" at that price. The problem with affordable vintage instruments is that they may require a lot of re-hab to get them into good playing order and that might raise the cost in the end.

Just as a P.S. I recently picked up my first high-end guitar and it was a J-45 Standard.It was a demo, 2014, and it is a fine instrument. For $2200 Canadian it is a reasonable price I think.You might wish to lower your sights and think of something a bit newer-a lot of reviews seem to be saying that models built this century are nothing to sneeze at! Just a thought.

Just as a P.S. I recently picked up my first high-end guitar and it was a J-45 Standard.It was a demo, 2014, and it is a fine instrument. For $2200 Canadian it is a reasonable price I think.You might wish to lower your sights and think of something a bit newer-a lot of reviews seem to be saying that models built this century are nothing to sneeze at! Just a thought.

Thank you for reply !

But I found a few which seems good on internet, for around 6500 USD. But if 6500-1000=5500 would be great...

Archived