Gibson Brands Forums

big problem with those 2 instruments

hoross

Its been weeks and months i tried out a standard historic 1957 goldtop les paul and a standard historic 1958 les paul reissue vos plaintop.

Both guitars are great but really im wondering which one will hold its value and sound in the years to come.Im playing 70s and 80s hardrock and after 27 yeas of playing guitars like standards,classic,traditional and studios i wanted to buy something real good ,so if anyone can give me an advice im listening :)

Its been weeks and months i tried out a standard historic 1957 goldtop les paul and a standard historic 1958 les paul reissue vos plaintop.

Both guitars are great but really im wondering which one will hold its value and sound in the years to come.Im playing 70s and 80s hardrock and after 27 yeas of playing guitars like standards,classic,traditional and studios i wanted to buy something real good ,so if anyone can give me an advice im listening :)

Sapwoods like maple will always change with time, and sapwood glued to heartwood like mahogany even more. This is what I experience with my Les Paul guitars made in 2011, 2012 and 2013. Several sonic surpises have come and some of them gone.

The younger ones among my guitars and basses partly or completely made of sapwood - some have maple fretboards, too - are going through audible changes. The older sapwood instruments of mine reached their steady states after twelve to fifteen years.

Perhaps you have bought some of the guitars you mentioned new and played them for a longer period. As long as you left them stock and stayed with string brand and gauge, you may have a good impression of natural instrument aging.

I don't see any problems here...

Pick the one you like the best and forget everything else. Both guitars will hold their value the same.. And as for which one will sound better in the future... Lol no one can tell you that.. Every guitar is different (as you should know by now).

I don't see any problems here...

Pick the one you like the best and forget everything else. Both guitars will hold their value the same.. And as for which one will sound better in the future... Lol no one can tell you that.. Every guitar is different (as you should know by now).

Indeed!

Archived