Gibson Brands Forums

Rattling buttons on Fishman Aura Ellipse

Jinder

Hi all,

I have a 2015 J200 with the Aura Ellipse, the guitar is stellar and I love the tone of the Aura system, but I find the booming bottom end of the guitar often makes the buttons on the pickup control interface rattle.

It's an absolute embuggerance as I do a lot of session work and I can't record with it! I bought it new as an old stock item so it's covered under the warranty, but I don't want to return the guitar because I love it in every other way.

Any ideas on how I can sort this?

There was a wire that ran under the top that had to be bent a bit away from the top on mine, although not a Fishman unit.

Also; capo the strings down, loosen them, and check the inner nut for the end pin/jack.

Edit: I'm sorry. It's the buttons? Can't you just pop them off, tighten their nuts, and reinstall? Do the buttons fit tightly on their splines (on their shafts?)?

Welcome back.

Hi all,

I have a 2015 J200 with the Aura Ellipse, the guitar is stellar and I love the tone of the Aura system, but I find the booming bottom end of the guitar often makes the buttons on the pickup control interface rattle.

It's an absolute embuggerance as I do a lot of session work and I can't record with it! I bought it new as an old stock item so it's covered under the warranty, but I don't want to return the guitar because I love it in every other way.

Any ideas on how I can sort this?

I had a Fishman Aura Ellipse on my J200 and it rattled like a SOB. I put the controls that rattled (most of them) in a set position and then stuck the points of toothpicks into them to keep them from moving.

I had a Fishman Aura Ellipse on my J200 and it rattled like a SOB. I put the controls that rattled (most of them) in a set position and then stuck the points of toothpicks into them to keep them from moving.

Hats off for ingenuity

But dear god , that's shabby isn't it ? That a fella should have to do that on a guitar of that ilk

Archived