Gibson Brands Forums

Birth year guitars, green screens, and facebook photos

tpbiii

I recently photographed all our guitars in high resolution for id purposes. Since I did it with a green screen, so you can fun with that.

People often make a big deal out of birth year guitars -- not something I ever thought of, but it turns out that all of my birth year (1943) guitars are Gibsons. Since these are all heavenly sounding, I thought I would make them an appropriate picture. This is also a test of using FB photos on forums.

15252494_10210933994856452_1903072806060409704_o.jpg

Let picks,

-Tom

Beautiful trio there. I especially like the SJ on the right. It may just be the perspective of the photo, but the soundholes on the two SJ's appear to be in slightly different locations.

Sold my birth year Gibson (1947 L-7) a few months ago. Still have my '48 J-45, however.

Lovely guitars, you lucky so-and-so! I see there are other "-47ers" around. Trouble with being that old is our birth-guitars are darned expensive. Parents should do what wine connoisseurs do; buy a new guitar on the year the kids were born and gift it to them when they reach the age of majority. That way they'd have an instant collectible. Wish my old man had had the same obsession that I'm afflicted with!

I recently photographed all our guitars in high resolution for id purposes. Since I did it with a green screen, so you can fun with that.

People often make a big deal out of birth year guitars -- not something I ever thought of, but it turns out that all of my birth year (1943) guitars are Gibsons. Since these are all heavenly sounding, I thought I would make them an appropriate picture. This is also a test of using FB photos on forums.

15252494_10210933994856452_1903072806060409704_o.jpg

Let picks,

-Tom

Make the angel a little wider and it will look like the end guitars are being held

Archived