Gibson Brands Forums

Prince - Guitar

Rabs

H was a far better player than he was ever given credit for. Far better than the likes of Slash or most rock players.

I'd even say as an all rounder, player, singer, dancer, writer and producer, there really wasn't anyone better. The likes of MJ and Elvis etc weren't as competent as him.

H was a far better player than he was ever given credit for. Far better than the likes of Slash or most rock players.

I'd even say as an all rounder, player, singer, dancer, writer and producer, there really wasn't anyone better. The likes of MJ and Elvis etc weren't as competent as him.

Agreed...

Especially his writing and producing.. he did so much of that..

I don't like all of his stuff but the stuff I do like I REALLY like... And one of the last projects he did with 3rd Eye Girl I thought was pretty good, pretty rocking stuff

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6tZdum-Fbs8

May be a duplicate post, but I think not. I'd have to agree with Larry and Rabs on this one. This guy was a very underappreciated talent while vertical and breathing. Shame it took his passing to highlight all that he's done, not to mention one of the (if not THE) best Super Bowl half time shows of all time:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mjPtb-nWcKo&t=71s

Try this - go to 3.30 in when he starts to solo......

Thought about posting that one myself. Shows his true talent. There's a backstory to that solo. No one knew what/when he'd play. He just told the producer's that he'd "noodle" around in the background until the appropriate time, then come on stage. What a show, eh? And the producer who was there remarked "I saw the guitar go up, it never came down, and I have no idea where it went" or something to that effect. Wish I could remember where I read/saw that, but I think it was at Barnes & Noble in a mag dedicated to Prince shortly after he "left the room".

He wasnt under-appreciated in my view.

F*****g Legend.

I been a fan since his love Sexy tour back in 87. I took my girlfriend at the time to see him 9th row center at Rosemont in Chicago because she was a fan.

Jaw dropping.

To this day I have never seen a better guitarist live.

He is truely missed. We lost a legend, and there will never be another like him.

Archived