Gibson Brands Forums

SUNBURSTS

Californiaman

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And this is the Hamer guitar LarryUK posted in another thread. This is the spark that started this burst of color.

Imy favourite..

Hamer Sunburst 1978. Owned by ex member of Jethro Tull. Got the original receipt etc. Almost mint. £900! Bargain. Easily as good as Gibson Custom shop. Note the one piece top.

ha6_zpsiamfgxbw.jpg

I've been scouring the net today looking at guitars and I'm dismayed at the amount of guitars with terrible matched tops. Even PRS Private Stock and Gibson Custom shop.

Why can't they spend time to match them properly?

https://wildwoodguitars.com/product/85122/gibson-custom-true-historic-1958-les-paul-reissue/

Just as an example. This top is awful. It's like two different pieces.

Then this one isn't matched either and for $11k I'd expect it to.

https://wildwoodguitars.com/product/96633/true-historic-1959-les-paul-reissue-tom-murphy-aged-8/

Well, all my posts made prior to Oct. seem to have disappeared so here are the usual suspects Yet Again and For the First Time Ever!!!...

As usual, the same snaps in date order;

1991 '1960 Classic';

TreaclePortraitFramedlo-res_zps4b6e9240.jpg

1993 R9;

JamPortraitFramedlo-res_zpse52607ad.jpg

1995 R0;

MarmaladePortraitframedlo-res_zps71bdee6d.jpg

1995 '1960 Classic';

HoneyPortraitFramedlo-res_zpsec6b3780.jpg

Pip.

Well, all my posts made prior to Oct. seem to have disappeared so here are the usual suspects Yet Again and For the First Time Ever!!!...

As usual, the same snaps in date order;

Pip.

I think you just used different filters on the same picture there. [flapper]

damned if I know how you changed the woodgrain from 91 60s classic though [confused] That would be my favourite BTW (assuming its real of course ;) )

Archived