Gibson Brands Forums

SUNBURSTS

Californiaman

Well, all my posts made prior to Oct. seem to have disappeared so here are the usual suspects Yet Again and For the First Time Ever!!!...

As usual, the same snaps in date order;

1991 '1960 Classic';

TreaclePortraitFramedlo-res_zps4b6e9240.jpg

Pip.

Is that a one piece top?

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think you just used different filters on the same picture there.............damned if I know how you changed the woodgrain from 91 60s classic though...

Actually, M-E, they are all mock-ups made using the Frank Montag guitar build site......msp_smile.gif

http://www.frankmontag.com/editors.htm

Is that a one piece top?

No, Larry; it's a regular centre-seam non-bookmatched plain-top. I'm not sure if this view shows it clearer......eusa_think.gif

Treaclemedv2_zps22cbe9d0.jpg

Pip.

Consider me a sucker, wannabe, idiot, or whatever you gotta be to think vintage guitars are cool.. Your Strats (Larry and CB) are amazing. They all look like they're in incredible condition, and I bet they sound better than they look

Not saying new stuff isn't as good or better or not, but the original is just COOL. Especially when in such nice condition. I'm envious!

Well, all my posts made prior to Oct. seem to have disappeared so here are the usual suspects Yet Again and For the First Time Ever!!!...

As usual, the same snaps in date order;

1991 '1960 Classic';

TreaclePortraitFramedlo-res_zps4b6e9240.jpg

1993 R9;

JamPortraitFramedlo-res_zpse52607ad.jpg

1995 R0;

MarmaladePortraitframedlo-res_zps71bdee6d.jpg

1995 '1960 Classic';

HoneyPortraitFramedlo-res_zpsec6b3780.jpg

Pip.

Stunning, as always, Pippy! [thumbup][biggrin]

CB

... Is it just the photo (angle?), or is the 1960 Rosewood board, wider, overall, than the '54 Maple?

It must be a photo illusion. I just put a dial caliper on them, and they measure out within a few thousandths of each other.

1960 Rosewood "Slab-board": Nut = 1.65", 12th fret = 2.01"

1954 Maple: Nut = 1.65", 12th fret = 2.01"

Archived