Gibson Brands Forums
Sign in to follow this  
vinnie.1

9/21/16 (2017) Burstbucker Pro+ lead P/U

Good Morning All,

Inquiring on a new pick up I acquired recently out of a 2017 Standard HP. BB Pro+ lead. Didn't bother checking resistance due to quick connect and large leads on my VOM. I was wondering if anyone has any experience with this P/U. The only reason I can see for the + on the end is a hotter wind like the 57's. I read in the forum that some like the BB3 in the bridge position, I wonder if this is Gibson's solution? Thanks in advance for any feedback.

Well, I have a BB Pro bridge and I find it very pleasing to my ears, but I think it depends on what kind of music you play and what kind of tone do you wanna have. People say it's too bright and I think they may be right, but then again, I find it very good for playing 50's and 60's blues/blues rock. Try playing some Chuck berry on it, you'll see!

Well, I have a BB Pro bridge and I find it very pleasing to my ears, but I think it depends on what kind of music you play and what kind of tone do you wanna have. People say it's too bright and I think they may be right, but then again, I find it very good for playing 50's and 60's blues/blues rock. Try playing some Chuck berry on it, you'll see!

Well he was talking about the BB pro+.

I found the BB pro sounds harsh, hope the + doesnt sound any harsher :-)

Not much to find on them, the thing I read was that they are a hotter wind of the BB pro, just like you said.