Gibson Brands Forums

What the latest song you've been playing on your guitar?

Mr. Gibson

18 hours ago, Mr. Gibson said:

I want to hear your original song. I'm always making up stuff also. 

Its an instrumental and still in a state of flux. At my rate of work, if its gets as far as a recording, it'll be next year. Thanks for the interest though. 

How does it make you feel when you play it..

I don't truthfully know. Lucky to be alive I think. 

Right now I'm thinking of familiar songs in new arrangements for the family quiz. I've just been playing 'You'll Never Walk Alone' in a polka style. It'll be a laugh if nothing else.

I wanted to quickly record quiz tune ideas direct to laptop. I remembered when I bought the THR, it offered Cubase for free. So I went for it. It took hours to process/download/install. 

Then it wouldn't recognise my guitar signal and moreover, I haven't a clue how to use it. I'll probably uninstall it later. I want something EASY!

Anyway, the current tune (for quizzing) is the uk national anthem rearranged for a minor key and in 5/4 time.

• Like 1

On 11/7/2020 at 4:59 PM, 01GT eibach said:

Learning "Enter Sandman" by Metallica for my kids ... 

Have you played Old Town Road? Think thats what it was called,  a country song.  The grandkids loved it as their mom listened to it all the time. Deb told me to learn it and play it for them. So I did, but I thought it was terrible. I thought it was a dumb song and it was the hit of the nation, Lol.

13 hours ago, mihcmac said:

I like playing original songs.

I love playing original songs...  being an open mic hero, to play any though that get received well - it's a matter of getting the audience to a point where they appreciate them....  otherwise the songs just become background noise to whatever discussion they're having at the moment.

Edited by uncle fester
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, uncle fester said:

I love playing original songs...  being an open mic hero, to play any though that get received well - it's a matter of getting the audience to a point where they appreciate them....  otherwise the songs just become background noise to whatever discussion they're having at the moment.

Its a lot of work to develop originals and teaching them to other band members, but so rewarding when an audience responds to them.

• Like 1