Gibson Brands Forums

What the latest song you've been playing on your guitar?

Mr. Gibson

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

"Over and Over and Over" by Jack White. Great use for my Pog.

Ha Ha, for a minute I thought you were telling me to play it over and over and over again! msp_flapper.gif which is about what Ive been doing. I got a big laugh, Yeah, It takes me lots of practice to get new stuff. Don't think I've heard of Jack White. I'll have to look that one up? I gave you a plus for making me laugh for me misreading it. msp_thumbup.gif

• 1 month later...

I today I picked up my guitar in E Standard (which it's hardly ever in), It's been in E Standard for a couple of days...

I was forcing myself to not forget Wanted Dead or Alive by Bon Jovi and I decided to learn You Give Love A Bad Name (again, I worked it out once but never played it, so I was on that this week more than Wanted Dead or Alive, in E Standard (rare for me).

Thankfully I can dive into my YouTube history and bring up my jam today.

(Newest.most recent first):

10:00:13

10 Hours of Gravity Falls' Theme Song

Kaio

1.7M views

Now you can listen to this theme song 920 times in a single video! I know, I know, it's 10 hours and some seconds. You don't need to tell me. ;o Gravity Falls is Copyright Disney. I'm Kaio. Not Di...

34:29

The Beatles - Help (Full Album)

SkyLive Jr

6.3K views

The Beatles - Help (Full Album)

4:25

Heart Barracuda (1977)

CLASSIC HITS

15M views

6:31

Eagles - Hotel California (Lyrics)

Chili World

144M views

Hotel California lyrics Eagles lyrics, 1976! Hotel California Eagles Lyrics Rest In Peace - Glenn Frey (1948-2016), thank you for this great song. After Lemmy and David Bowie, another legend took...

6:02

Gerry Rafferty - Baker street

MrMusicweekly

8.1M views

*I don't own the rights to this song* New music every week. Subscribe, rate, comment. Lyrics: Winding your way down on Baker Street Light in your head and dead on your feet Well, another crazy day...

3:32

Smooth Criminal (Alien ant farm) Backing track (w/vocals)

TuTuxD6

13K views

Alien ant farm

5:58

Guns N' Roses - Sweet Child O' Mine standard Tuning Backing Track with vocals

Luka Cuturic

2.7M views

For every lazy guitarst... Or someone... The backing track for one of the best songs ever...

8:11

Stairway to Heaven Backing Track (with Rhythm Guitar during Solo)

Schleichwerbung2

361K views

Solo starts at 5:52 By the way you should start playing on the fifth click. I made this track using two other backing tracks and cutting them together. You will probably hear when the track cuts ...

4:54

Bon Jovi: Wanted Dead Or Alive Guitar Backing Track

Drippy

85K views

Great for use in one-person performances

3:41

You Give Love A Bad Name - Bon Jovi - Guitar Backing Track (With Vocals)

Adam Pieper

204K views

Tuning: Standard Download here! http://www.guitarbackingtrack.com/play/bon_jovi/you_give_love_a_bad_name_(4).htm Follow me on Twitter! https://twitter.com/AdamPieper1 Like me on Facebook! https://...

5:22

Kansas - carry on wayward son [Guitar Backing tracks]

Tutarras

10K views

WATCH FREE GUITAR TUTORIAL LESSONS HERE: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2BO2hguxZeoUpwGQe8DKzg MIRA NUESTROS TUTORIALES DE GUITARRA AQUI: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCV07Kh2DyliM9nPK9DnmZW...

5:44

GnR You Could Be Mine (standard tuning)

Stevil Chuffpus

6K views

6:08

You Could Be Mine - Drums Only - Pauly Greenwood

Pauly Greenwood

46K views

www.paulyGreenwood.com

This is a Drum jam track, ive uploaded this for a friend who is going to use the audio in a project.

To see the full version ....click on my videos.

5:57

Guns and Roses - Sweet Child O' Mine - Standard Tuning - EADGBE

BWM Guitar

376K views

4:21

Lenny Kravitz - American Woman

Lenny Kravitz

27M views

Official video of Lenny Kravitz performing American Woman from the album 5. Buy It Here: http://smarturl.it/s9t86y Originally by Canadian rock band The Guess Who, covered by Kravitz for Austin Po...

3:54

Lenny Kravitz - Always On The Run

Lenny Kravitz

7.8M views

Official video of Lenny Kravitz performing Always On The Run from the album Mama Said. Buy It Here: http://smarturl.it/95fghm Directed by Jesse

It's funny how I remember that now, like in a lot more detail than some of the songs I remembered playing today before I decided it'll be quicker to go to my history of what I played, sometimes playig a song over and over until I was happy with my guitar... I got self conscious about the aftermarket MusiCap capacitors on my used R7, so I decided to (still love my guitar) and attack it/play it another way to compensate to get it to where I wanted to be; I'm fussy with my tone and glad I have it/this guitar.

I also remember wanting to relearn the theme to Gravity Falls and using it as en excuse to go back into Eb tuning, which is pretty much my default on any given guitar, unless it's a guitar I have with a certain tuning or set in mind, then it's probably in that alternate tuning, but the last song I was playing tonight, was also me returning back to Eb after a day or two in E Standard.

I meant to tune back sooner, but while I was in the tuning, I decided to milk it and more and more songs kept on popping in my head that I wanted to play instead today.

Guitar's fun.

I must have played/can remember playing 7 minutes of Gravity Falls at one point - but then that was after stopping and re starting and figuring out somethings really quickly about tuning and where I wanted to be and what I wanted to do a couple of times and what I was doing and how to try and get my tone where I wanted it... about 7 minutes 33 after all of that, but I was in Eb again, which always feels good to touch base with/I had fun.

I remember (looking at the above YouTube history) that I liked playing Help! too, I must have played that 2 or 3 or maybe even 4 times, just because. Like I found the whole album, but really I was playing the first track over and over, and I gave up trying to playing You're Gonna Lose That Girl on account to not having actually learned it and wanting to play so restarted back to track 1, the song I knew how to play; Help! (I was in Standard E, thought I'd cease the opportunity)...

I remember having to restart Stairway at least 8 or 9 times, sometimes on purpose just to go over something that threw me, but I played it all, yeah, was fun.

Edited by LWAG