Gibson Brands Forums

What the latest song you've been playing on your guitar?

Mr. Gibson

1546882249[/url]' post='1971122']

Yeah, I love that song.

Been playing variations of that for some time now.

Fogerty's initial discovery of the E7 main chord actually started as a lose jam at a gig.

When CCR went to record it, Fogerty switched from Rickenbacker to a Gibson ES-175 (right in my wheelhouse).

Here's the story behind the song. It's a great article.

http://sites.google.com/site/theelectricbayou/songs/born-on-the-bayou

Very interesting stuff

• 3 weeks later...

Aqualung, again. And Double Vision. We added them this month and it's been tonnes of funne.

We are hanging with our original drummer this week, might even get original other guitar player out for a night, so the original Boys might be Back In Town. So I'm going over all the really old ones we used to regularly romp through. Maybe I'm a Leo and Hush, Thank You and Houses of The Holy by that fairly successful English band, Crossroads and Sunshine of yer Love by them other english guys, PuRpLe HaZe. Man. Stuff like that. Buncha GFR too, we still do I'm yer Captain and we'll do another bunch of theirs.

Good times I hope.

rct

Dueling Banjos. Problem is theres no Banjo to respond to. So I play the Banjo part on my Acoustic close to the bridge to get that twang tone and respond with the Acoustic by the sound hole. Of course, it goes very fast doing both parts at first and tough to do and after a bit it just goes to the Acoustic alone but it sounds pretty neat.

Practising lots of jazz blues and some (easy) standards...

Just learn the melody....I always knew I should, and didn't for too many years...now I understand why I should have and am concentrating on doing it a LOT more.

Edited by jdgm
  • Upvote 1

Today I worked on some old Roy Orbison (Blue Bayou), but the evening finished with a whole lot of Steve Miller Band's Fly Like An Eagle.

When we play that one as a band venture live, we funk it up a bit.

Compared tones between my Strat and one of my boutique Teles, and enjoyed myself thoroughly.

Fun, good stuff.

:)

I have two of them.

1) I Will by Paul McCartney

2) Because by The Dave Clark Five

I am strictly a rhythm guitarist, and use the guitar to accompany my vocals. That being said, I have been told that I am an awesome rhythm player since I was about 25, which was way too long ago. Sometimes, it seems like the neck just "opens up" and I progress to another level. I seem to be experiencing something like this lately.