Gibson Brands Forums

What the latest song you've been playing on your guitar?

Mr. Gibson

I'm liking what I've got, I've learned this song...

-Where as before, if you probably saw a recording of me playing this song before, like these past couple of days, that was me either reading and reciting like Autocue and probably that video I posted that got like 50 views, where, that was an initial take, and, one of the first with the lyrics in front of me and probably the first time ever really thinking about the lyrics, so, it was a video of me not knowing the song, so my delivery was as good as my tempo, which, again, this was me recording an initial run through of this song, and liking what I got (this week) - so, this is what I'm finding myself playing tonight after practice thus far and having learned the lyrics, so, no Autocue (which is kinda how I like it).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=41dDxRK81mo

Edited by LWAG

I'm liking what I've got, I've learned this song...

-Where as before, if you probably saw a recording of me playing this song before, like these past couple of days, that was me either reading and reciting like Autocue and probably that video I posted that got like 50 views, where, that was an initial take, and, one of the first with the lyrics in front of me and probably the first time ever really thinking about the lyrics, so, it was a video of me not knowing the song, so my delivery was as good as my tempo, which, again, this was me recording an initial run through of this song, and liking what I got (this week) - so, this is what I'm finding myself playing tonight after practice thus far and having learned the lyrics, so, no Autocue (which is kinda how I like it).

Rockin tune that [thumbup]

Yeah, I happened to hear that in a restaurant the other day and couldn't get it out of my head... in a good way! Really like that song!

I had "Cover Of The Rolling Stone" stuck in my head for over 3 months when I first learned and practiced it. Now I'm relearning "Walk Don't Run" the correct way.

Thought I knew it as a kid.

Kenny Burrell - always amazing... [thumbup]

I remember Pure Prairie League too.

Used to be in a band which did "Early Morning Riser"....saw Craig Lee Fuller once, in Little Feat (he was great).

Melodies for me tonight: "September Song" and "Sweet Lorraine". I need to get the detail.

Edited by jdgm

• 4 months later...

Rock 'n Roll School.

I got a cold one in the refrigerator' 

I'm gonna' visit soon

Can of smoked oysters and hot sauce too!

Got a Telecaster that I made.

Got vintage pickups

Gives me the tone I crave.

Sippin' and pickin' is what I like to do

Pickin' and sippin' is my rock 'n roll school.

Picked some Hank and Hank Jr

Those two cats are really cool.

Picked some Merle and Steve Earl too.

And when I'm down and feelin' blue

Picked some Townes Van Zandt,

That big ole White Freightliner always pulls me through.

Written by a no talent hack.

Edited by Navy Vet.