Gibson Brands Forums

What the latest song you've been playing on your guitar?

Mr. Gibson

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, tlwwalker said:

Jungle Love

Box of Rain

The Boys Are Back In Town

Box of Rain by the Dead, I have taken my two youngest several times , (many years ago) to see them in concert) The people are the best part of the show, we have met some interesting folks at their concerts.

That's What I Like - Bruno Mars (Cool set of chords!)

I'm Coming Out - Diana Ross (Man, can Nile Rodgers play!)

Can't Hide Love - Earth, Wind, and Fire (Another set of great chords!)

The Bird - Anderson Paak (Yes, I like soul and R&B!)

"For No One" by "The Beatles"... 

I've never played it until a couple days ago. I play it on me Inspired by Paul Mc Cartney Epi Texan or my Gibson J-160E thru one of my Vox Amps. I sing the Vocal as well. 

I'm not a Beatle Trib Artist but love singing & playing their Music.. 

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

I've got lots to do for my band:

Crossroads - 2004 reunion tempo version  (Cream)

Cars Hiss By My  Window - Doors.  Jim imitates a slide guitar at the end of this classic slow blues track off "L.A. Woman", so I'm going to imitate him with a slide.

Midnight Special - CCR (and many others). I never liked this tune much but there's an extra couple of beats in the last line of the chorus which you have to get right, and then it's up to me to do something with it. 

Folsom Prison Blues - J Cash - simple lead break, we're doing it in F - again the timing is a bit subtle on the turnaround

Smokestack Lightning - Wolf - we're doing the Yardbirds version really

And I've always got lots to do for my jazz group.  It never ends in fact - and that's how it should be [thumbup]....but...hard stuff!

I f***in' love this s***!

The Immigrant Song - LZ, Free Fallin' - Petty, Hocus Pocus - Focus, Ticket to Ride - B, Shapes of Things - YB, Ain't Talking' Bout Love - EV, Come Together - B, I Got a Line on You - Spirit, She's Not There - Zombies, Signed DC - Love, Badge - Cream, Manic Depression - JH, White Room - Cream, Mister You're a Better Man Than I - YB, The Crystal Ship - Doors, Break Down - Petty, Love Me Two Times - Doors, Ziggie Stardust - Bowie, More Than A Feeling - Boston, All along The Watch Tower - Dylan......

I played these last Saturday at a regular jam in Edenroc, all works in progress and not necessarily by the book....

Edited by mihcmac