Gibson Brands Forums

What the latest song you've been playing on your guitar?

Mr. Gibson

Starting to focus on recovering and modernizing my old tunes, some better left forgotten, but a few may be worth the trouble.. Found an old notebook full of things I penned in another lifetime..

In the meantime I can keep playing a few I learned along the way, like right now playing Crazy Train...

• 2 weeks later...

I love to improvise. In the room I use for music, I've been playing Pandora through my sound system and jamming mostly to Gary Moore, Miles Davis, and John Mayall. The playlist is not that long for each artist, and I'll often repeat a song I like until I've got it down. It has given me a renewed respect for, familiarity with, and understanding of, each artist's music... and I'm having fun with it.

• Like 2

Hotel California. Yes cliche'.

We are planning to do the annual Arkansas Alzheimer's benefit gig on August 1st. I highly doubt it will happen. If I don't have immunity by then and there is no effective treatment or a vaccine then I won't make the trip.

I have been assigned Don Felder's parts and the other guitar player (whom I've played with going back to our teenage years in 1977) will play Joe Walsh's parts. We're using a you tube live video to know which is which. I don't have a double neck but I do have a MIM Fender XII. I figure I'll put that on a stand and have my LP around my neck and do it!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KUGmtGA4gHI

3 minutes ago, Tman said:

Hotel California. Yes cliche'.

We are planning to do the annual Arkansas Alzheimer's benefit gig on August 1st. I highly doubt it will happen. If I don't have immunity by then and there is no effective treatment or a vaccine then I won't make the trip.

I have been assigned Don Felder's parts and the other guitar player (whom I've played with going back to our teenage years in 1977) will play Joe Walsh's parts. We're using a you tube live video to know which is which. I don't have a double neck but I do have a MIM Fender XII. I figure I'll put that on a stand and have my LP around my neck and do it!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KUGmtGA4gHI

Nice, I hope it works out for everyone involved.  I've done the stand thing.  meh.  I prefer to wear two guitars, but I'm not nearly as sexy or proficient at that as Joe Perry.

rct

25 minutes ago, rct said:

Nice, I hope it works out for everyone involved.  I've done the stand thing.  meh.  I prefer to wear two guitars, but I'm not nearly as sexy or proficient at that as Joe Perry.

rct

Neither am I and to boot, my back won't tolerate it.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Tman said:

Neither am I and to boot, my back won't tolerate it.

They probably make much better stands today than they used to.  They were rickety and clunky.  I remember using them for Heart songs.  Good times.

rct

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, saturn said:

Vocals too? 🙂

Like many guitar players I enjoy doing the vocal parts with my guitar.

Currently working on Larks Tongues In Aspic Part 2 -King Crimson

Edited by mihcmac

11 hours ago, Retired said:

I bought new cables as my old ones went out. I wanted to try them out and loved them, No more noise playing now. I played;  "On The Cover Of The Rolling Stone"  And my wife was having a grand time singing along. 

I did the same thing a little while ago with extra heavy Roland cables and found they eliminated some of the noise issues I was having. 👍

I have found that the thick Roland cables almost can't get tangled and force going into a coil.

Edited by mihcmac