Gibson Brands Forums

New SG at home

Revolution Six

Hi Rev Six...I liked the look of your updated (wide bevel) '61 pickguard, so I ordered 3, for my '61 based SG's, as well.

Delivery was delayed, by the Holiday mail traffic, but they should be here, tomorrow, or early next week. Looking forward

to installing them. Thanks, [thumbup] for the tip, on "Creamtone!" They seem like good guys, as I've been dealing with Lonnie

Gilbert, there.

CB

I too want to order one for my SG Futura but it will have to be partially custom because of the pickup fitment.

Hopefully they can do it at a reasonable price.

I over layed the pickguard from my 50th anniversary and the two bottom screw holes line up, I think that would be the correct placement.

So I took it out put a paper sheet under the pickguard and reinstalled it and drew a template.

98D8EA14-2759-463A-A18B-5C9858207D7C_zps2ru2i5ff.jpg

Hi Rev Six...I liked the look of your updated (wide bevel) '61 pickguard, so I ordered 3, for my '61 based SG's, as well.

Delivery was delayed, by the Holiday mail traffic, but they should be here, tomorrow, or early next week. Looking forward

to installing them. Thanks, [thumbup] for the tip, on "Creamtone!" They seem like good guys, as I've been dealing with Lonnie

Gilbert, there.

CB

Great !

Don' t forget pictures CB.

Switch tip and vintage NOS Switchcrast nut, small upgrades and cool upgrades :

sg_sta64.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi,

Here is my new Gibson SG. Finish is Trans Black, this is a great SG.

Planned upgrades:

- 5 ply CreamTone pickguard

- Gibson ABR-1 bridge

- Knob pointers

sg_sta16.jpg

That's a very nice SG, may it give you years of playing pleasure.

Every time I see an SG, Angus Young comes into my mind, I think it would be fair to say that Angus Young immortalised the Gibson SG. The SG is a great sounding guitar, and it has that balllsy, beefy Gibson sound, especially when plugged into a Marshall.

• 4 months later...

Archived