Gibson Brands Forums

New guy from IL

MetalHead64

Hello Guys

Im a new guy on the Block I just started learning to play guitar after plating bass for 32 yrs

I have always wanted to learn to play guitar but never sat down to learn it. my brother in law

gave me a Fender strat but I like the feel of a Les Paul so im getting one tmwo.I play Heavy Metal

and classic rock or should I say learning lol.Thank you all for letting me in on the site ect

Jeff Main

Hello Jeff, welcome to this nice place in the web! [thumbup]

A Strat and a Les Paul combined may do most of the jobs nicely, in Heavy Metal and Classic Rock as well as lots of other styles. B)

By the way, I'm a guitar and bass player, too, and play drums in a third band. From my early childhood to my early adult years I was playing piano, so there might be some more room to move left for me yet. [biggrin]

Welcome Jeff. A Les Paul and a Strat will cover a lot of ground. I started on guitar 14 years ago and then added bass to my learning curve 12 years ago. My first two guitars were Gibson Les Pauls, both of which I still own. I have since added 2 SGs, an ES-335 and 2 ESP/Ltd "super strat" style guitars (one of which is a 7 string). I really like them all.

Up until now I have played 4 string basses exclusively. However, my next purchase will most like be either a 5 or 6 string bass.

Archived