Gibson Brands Forums

What Is the Best J200 Colors

Gabriel Bakhos

When you find the right J-200, the natural v. the 'burst finish may be the last thing on your mind. It may turn out to be all about the sound! Having said that, if it was my guitar, I'd hope for a great sounding sunburst😌

A hearty welcome to you from Texas ! My preference is a sunburst and of course, the sound as well.I have found that the sunbursts have a tendency to present themselves differently with different shades of light, which I think is very classy that is pleasing to the "eyes". Hope you find the one "You" are pleased with.

Again, welcome !

I am new in guitar world

but i saw it in internet

thx again for my bad english language

cuz i m from france

Im from Canada.. and english is far a few between rarity here.. :) .. Get a Burst Gibson.. they look classier...

. . . Just curious- I've never seen the volute treatment such as this to the back of the headstock at the top of the neck. Anyone have one like this, or seen one like this?

Screen%20Shot%202016-12-09%20at%2010.59.44%20PM_zpsuhgjmwgc.png

The taller heel cap, contouring of bridge, ribbons, elongated taper out to headstock sides, crown inlay ?

. . . Just curious- I've never seen the volute treatment such as this to the back of the headstock at the top of the neck. Anyone have one like this, or seen one like this?

Screen%20Shot%202016-12-09%20at%2010.59.44%20PM_zpsuhgjmwgc.png

The taller heel cap, contouring of bridge, ribbons, elongated taper out to headstock sides, crown inlay ?

Ive seen those before up here ... there have been a few listed on kijiji as actual Gibsons.. Its easy to spot Chinese crap guitars.. But a few seem to be nieve enough to actually buy them and think there getting a deal.... theres a store up here in calgary that thinks its good to have these and sell them as well.. he really has no care in the world about selling these and having mad customers after the fact..

How do you like the guitar lamp in the avatar? LOL! The shade adds to the sustain or some sh*t. [smile]

Depends of course on the style of lamp shade.

Little tassels hanging from the bottom are hard to find these days , but it's like a different guitar , honestly , I've spent many years with different lamps

Don't forget the role of the light bulb in all of this. You'll get quite different results from a Mazda or an OSRAM, probably because they use different filaments. And if the filaments get too old, you'll lose a lot of that brightness.

Archived