Gibson Brands Forums

Gibson Les Paul Custom USA

Guest Harvey

Hello I have been offered a Gibson Les Paul Custom USA for £500. Its in a cream white colour and the serial number is: 02005562 and has an engraved Gibson USA on the back of the head stock.

Is this a legit authentic Gibson? Also can anyone tell me if the serial number matches the model of the guitar a Gibson Les Paul Custom. Cheers! :)

Hello I have been offered a Gibson Les Paul Custom USA for £500.Is this a legit authentic Gibson?

First-off welcome.

Secondly; serial numbers are also faked. Counterfeiters know how the numbering system works just like we do.

Thirdly; even without seeing snaps I can pretty much guarantee that a Les Paul Custom for £500 is going to be a Chinese fake. A LPC from that period is going to cost a minimum of £1,750 in the UK. Anyone selling a Custom for £1,000+ below market value had better have a convincing reason to do so.

The only odd thing is counterfeiters usually use current numbers; the one you posted dates to 2005.

Please post pictures of the offering if you still want to go on hoping for the best...

Pip.

Hello I have been offered a Gibson Les Paul Custom James Hetfield iron cross with serial number 02005564. Can you help me please to find any information if it´s an original one or not? Chinese fake or not?

Hello I have been offered a Gibson Les Paul Custom James Hetfield iron cross with serial number 02005564. Can you help me please to find any information if it´s an original one or not? Chinese fake or not?

compare the serial number with the one above...

I've been offered this to trade for my Charcoal Burst PRS Custom 24. I've played a few Gibson LP's in my life, but I'm not an expert. Something just isn't right about this - no case, the headstock looks wrong. I can't tell, but the bridge looks slotted. Maybe I'm just old and my eyesight sucks.

It's an Iguana Burst LP Custom with serial number 02005557 and here's the listing to it. Should the listing go down, I've archived the photos.

Thanks!

https://reading.craigslist.org/msg/5910506292.html

I've been offered this to trade for my Charcoal Burst PRS Custom 24. I've played a few Gibson LP's in my life, but I'm not an expert. Something just isn't right about this - no case, the headstock looks wrong. I can't tell, but the bridge looks slotted. Maybe I'm just old and my eyesight sucks.

It's an Iguana Burst LP Custom with serial number 02005557 and here's the listing to it. Should the listing go down, I've archived the photos.

Thanks!

https://reading.craigslist.org/msg/5910506292.html

i'm no expert either but it looks fake to me. the bridge looks like it has the posts like an epiphone. not to mention the serial number being so close to the other two mentioned in this post.

i'm no expert either but it looks fake to me. the bridge looks like it has the posts like an epiphone. not to mention the serial number being so close to the other two mentioned in this post.

That's why I posted it here.

I had about 3000 to spend and would love an Iguana burst, and this was just too good to be true. I don't play the PRS much and mostly play my Gibson SG Future, with the Steinberger gearless tuners - which by the way, I really like.

I'm a dairy farmer and my friends refer to the SG with Steingbergers as "the Lamancha goat" of guitars - as my Lamancha goats don't have earlobes - lol, which is what makes the SG headstock look a little "off" to some people.

Thanks. I hope there's more input on this. Before I drove all the way up to see this guitar and waste a day's travel, I thought'd I'd ask the pros.

That's why I posted it here.

I had about 3000 to spend and would love an Iguana burst, and this was just too good to be true. I don't play the PRS much and mostly play my Gibson SG Future, with the Steinberger gearless tuners - which by the way, I really like.

I'm a dairy farmer and my friends refer to the SG with Steingbergers as "the Lamancha goat" of guitars - as my Lamancha goats don't have earlobes - lol, which is what makes the SG headstock look a little "off" to some people.

Thanks. I hope there's more input on this. Before I drove all the way up to see this guitar and waste a day's travel, I thought'd I'd ask the pros.

i looked closer to the pic of the bridge and it's not the typical Gibson ABR with narrow posts. i'd stay clear of this one.

Archived