Gibson Brands Forums

Scratch Pad Guitar Protector

tibs

Guest Farnsbarns

hi all i was wanting to know if there is anything to stop scratching the back of my les paul studio faded cherry

mike

Starting 4 threads might help. [lol]

Only joking!

As per other advice, watch belt buckles, rivets in jeans, etc etc.

I never worry about it. My 5 year old R8 is starting to show wear and I quite like it.

hi all i was wanting to know if there is anything to stop scratching the back of my les paul studio faded cherry

mike

For a faded cherry, Gaffa tape a feather pillow around your middle. Leslie West did this for years.

Post back when buying further guitars, for other finishes.

The worst are those rodeo belt buckles the size of a dinner plate. Of course those guys wear their guitars high enough to avoid the problem. :rolleyes:

Yeah, I once looked at a used ES-339 at Guitar Center in San Antonio, TX. It was listed in "excellent condition". The salesman told me it had been owned by some local country artist that I apparently was supposed to recognize, but didn't. Looking at the back of the guitar, he definitely DID NOT wear it high enough to avoid his belt buckle, which I can only guess was some sort of relief image of the Rocky Mountains based on the damage! Needless to say, I didn't buy it.

Archived