Gibson Brands Forums

The "Just got in from a gig" thread.....

saturn

4 hours ago, Whitefang said:

So, since whoever responds with any emoticon ISN'T identified, how can you be certain that EVERY "sad" and "confused" emoticon responses are from the same two persons?  

Whitefang

Read the posts, read them in the context of a guitar forum.  Tell me what you find confusing and/or sad about them, enough to cause more than one human being with reasonable perception and reading comprehension skills to be confused, or sad, in the context of a guitar forum, a place about guitars, amps, pedals, gigs, guitar players and all that stuff.

When you can point out to me what it is that is confusing and/or sad about what I've posted in the last few weeks we'll have something to talk about.  Perhaps I could help clear up any rational, reasonable reader(s) on whatever it is I've written, in the context of a guitar forum, that is confusing and/or sad.  I would think that if I was writing such confusion, such sadness, SOMEbody would say "hey ron, what do you mean?"  "hey ron, why so down?".

But I'm not.  It's a snarky, hip, social mediat wat that doesn't have the nutz to just call me a BS artist or disagree with me or find factual fault with anything I say about guitars and amps and all that stuff.  Because, as usual, for the last 25 plus years in these places, I am not those things, and I don't tell potentially new/young guitar players a load of internet crap.

And if someone doesn't like me they are more than welcome to just tell me.  Everyone, me, them, and all the few readers we have left here, would all be better served.  Nobody is required to like me at all and I don't care if they don't.  Just talk like an adult instead of a 15 year old facebookcu nt.

rct

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

Wowsers -  and still, we have TWO  find, upstanding forum members still clueless enough to add two sad emojis to the above thread.  

"And these people vote."    

(I only added that last bit to divert the conversation from social media etiquette to politics.)    

• Haha 1

On 8/9/2021 at 10:26 AM, rct said:

Yeah, Confused Boy and Sad Boy have been following me around.  I can understand their sadness and confusion.  Anybody that comes here to be a snarky, hip, social media **** is easily saddened and confused by the real deal like me.  I like giving them a reason to exist and an outlet for their weak, teenage vitriol.  They obviously don't have the bawls to just tell the entire room in broad daylight that they don't like me.

Enjoy yourself Confused Boy and Sad Boy.  Maybe someday you'll be like me.  lolz

rct

**** above is twit, spelled with an 'a' instead of an 'i'.  Used like the Limes use it.  You know.

They have been following me around on every post I make too. 
Some people like to wield their power on Internet forums.  And those emojis give them that. 
What sad and confused people 😄

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, gdecant1 said:

I am sad that everyone is confused.

I am also confused why everyone is sad.

Everyone take a toke so we can change this subject to dazed and confused.

I copy.

Tpphhfffft.....

Aaahhhh.

“This aggression will not stand, man.”

Or -

“I can’t be worrying about that sh*t. Life goes on, man.”

[cool]

Edited by jdgm
  • Haha 2

9 hours ago, fortyearspickn said:

Wowsers -  and still, we have TWO  find, upstanding forum members still clueless enough to add two sad emojis to the above thread.  

I have a feeling it's just one person that happens to have TWO accounts.  The second is a Ghost account to use for such occasions.

I don't get why some of you take such stock in these stupid 😒 little faces.

Edited by Big Bill
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Big Bill said:

I have a feeling it's just one person that happens to have TWO accounts.  The second is a Ghost account to use for such occasions.

Can't speak for anyone else, for me it is the stupid, pointless anonymity of it.  I don't do the anonymous thing to anyone, especially in the guitar places where most people know my actual whole name and everything.  It's thepu ssy way.  

rct

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 2

At this point it seems to be a game. No matter what you post, whoever it is will click on that emoji just to do it. I gave you a Like to maybe offset the Sad Confused one. [cool] I even added my favorite cool sunglasses guy here.  

• Like 1

9 hours ago, saturn said:

At this point it seems to be a game. No matter what you post, whoever it is will click on that emoji just to do it. I gave you a Like to maybe offset the Sad Confused one. [cool] I even added my favorite cool sunglasses guy here.  

I absolutely expect everyone to do that!  I'm surprised every post here doesn't have a couple sads and confused.

rct

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

14 hours ago, Big Bill said:

BB,  I think RCT said it best.  But my irritation is due to the fact that sad, angry, clueless people are destroying big chunks of our society and I hate to see them spread their shyte on this little patch of grass. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

My post above initially had a laughing boy at the bottom. But I noticed some time later the person had changed it to a sad boy.

It had to be the same person. So they must have made a mistake, seen the mistake, and corrected it.

That's how important this is to that person. [blink]

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

This being the just got in from a gig thread - thought i'd note I just got in from a gig...  my own style gig.  I set up outside, amp, mic, and played full volume to the chickens.  No complaints, they all came to my end of the pen, sat on the fence and swayed back and forth. One had a lighter going.

Anyone else got a gig to talk about?

• Haha 1

Well I just got in from a great gig acoustic tonight. I say "acoustic" even though I was playing my Kokocaster through some pedals and we were coming through a big PA. 

We played one set opening for a great band called Mallow Hill. It was an incredible night We did our set which went over very well but the highlight for me was meeting everyone in the production company, the venue staff and the main band. I think this gig with the connections we made should lead to some bigger things down the road. I even got in a plug for my other full band that will hopefully prove fruitful.   

I used my Mini Wah barefooted at my weekend  jam for a while, seemed to be quite comfortable. Tales of Brave Ulysses was fun, hadn't played it for quite a while. Still very low noise even with my P90's..

🙂

My last actual gig on the Bay Front during a storm in 2007..

oV7Bfm9.jpg

Edited by mihcmac

• 2 weeks later...

Oh boy a really nice one tonight.  Campground thing, end of the season blow out.  Food and beverage and some great dancers and just an all around great time on a beautiful night.  Band was good, we sang well and played well.  It was a very family thing so I took #1 Tele and Hello Kitty.  Maybe get some pitchas up here tomorrow.

rct

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

10 hours ago, rct said:

Oh boy a really nice one tonight.  Campground thing, end of the season blow out.  Food and beverage and some great dancers and just an all around great time on a beautiful night.  Band was good, we sang well and played well.  It was a very family thing so I took #1 Tele and Hello Kitty.  Maybe get some pitchas up here tomorrow.

rct

Nice. My old band used to play this campground thing every year too. Was always a fun gig.

I was in Ocean City Thursday with my wife and got message from my buddy saying local Pit Stop Pub messaged him if we could play Friday night. We just played there last week but somebody obviously canceled. He was doing it with or without me but I said if I got home soon enough from beach I would join him. I got home about 3pm and unpacked etc, was at bar by 5 for a 6-9 gig. It was actually pretty average night as I think most people were at the local outdoor Tiki type bars since the weather was so nice. Sill had fun with the small crowd that was there and made a few bucks too. 😎 

• Like 1