Gibson Brands Forums

Epiphone Les Paul Special II

Guest Curious Guy

Guest Curious Guy

I've been handed down an Epiphone Les Paul though I'm confused with what's written on the headstock. It has a "Gibson" written on the TRC and "Special Model" written at the middle of the headstock with Epiphone written at the top.

Serial no. is MC22086213

I've been through some other forums and compared what I have to theirs but it is a bit different.

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

I'm still a beginner but I'll try my best to provide you more info on the guitar if you ever need

I've been handed down an Epiphone Les Paul though I'm confused with what's written on the headstock. It has a "Gibson" written on the TRC and "Special Model" written at the middle of the headstock with Epiphone written at the top.

Serial no. is MC22086213

I've been through some other forums and compared what I have to theirs but it is a bit different.

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

I'm still a beginner but I'll try my best to provide you more info on the guitar if you ever need

older Epiphones from that time period had Gibson written on the truss rod cover. i heard it was to associate Epiphone with Gibson to boost sales. not sure if it's true or not.

here's a useful link to decode serial numbers: http://epiphonewiki.com/index.php/Epiphone_Serial_Number_Decoding

Archived