Gibson Brands Forums

My Dog Understands English!!

Digger

It was pretty hot here yesterday @ 33C or 96 F approx. The temperatures were still high overnight and usually we put Bella to bed at around 7.30 pm, in facts she comes and "asks" to be taken out and tied up!

Gael said to me last night, "It's too hot outside for Bella, perhaps she can sleep inside tonight?" I agreed.

Next minute Bell gets up and wanders down the hall. "Where did she just go?" I said, and Gael said "I think she's just gone and crawled under our bed!"

She stayed there without a sound until 5.58 am and is never a problem inside, but she loves her kennel and usually insists on being taken out.

I tell ya, bloody dog knows what we are saying!

IMG_0323_zpskejn5cnm.jpg

Must be an aussie dog thing.

I have a rescued Aussie Blue Heeler who is the smartest dog I have ever seen.

Well, I mean Aussies....you know~

I went to a blokes place to help him identify a tree once and of course afterwards we were having a cuppa in the kitchen. I could see into his laundry and his "Bluey" walked in from outside with a small log in his mouth and placed it in the wood basket!

I asked what his dog was doing and he saifd, "Filling the wood basket!" apparently he kept it filled up from wood on the pile outside.

He made about 3 more trips and filled the basket right up!

Most amazing thing I've seen a dog do. Bloody good dogs those Blue Heelers!

Well, I mean Aussies....you know~

I went to a blokes place to help him identify a tree once and of course afterwards we were having a cuppa in the kitchen. I could see into his laundry and his "Bluey" walked in from outside with a small log in his mouth and placed it in the wood basket!

I asked what his dog was doing and he saifd, "Filling the wood basket!" apparently he kept it filled up from wood on the pile outside.

He made about 3 more trips and filled the basket right up!

Most amazing thing I've seen a dog do. Bloody good dogs those Blue Heelers!

Yes Sir, My Maddie is the best. I would take a bullet for her, and her for me. There is not a person alive, the wife included that I would put before my girl blue girl Maddie. I leave the house without her, she sits by the door for hours until I get back, drives my wife nuts. She sleeps right along side me and to be honest, dont know what the hell I am going to ever do without her. Hope she lives forever.

Yes Sir, My Maddie is the best. I would take a bullet for her, and her for me. There is not a person alive, the wife included that I would put before my girl blue girl Maddie. I leave the house without her, she sits by the door for hours until I get back, drives my wife nuts. She sleeps right along side me and to be honest, dont know what the hell I am going to ever do without her. Hope she lives forever.

So do I, and Blueys are know for their loyalty.

Have you got as photo you can access easily so others here can see what they are like?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=InZa0L5AzFw

My two have a large understanding of English. Here they are watching 'Cats and dogs'. Bertie (Cairn cross) watches loads of tv. But I can talk to them

and they do what I ask them to do. People comment on how my dogs know what I say and my explanation is..If you lock a child in a room and feed it etc, but never talk to it. How do you expect it to learn? Same with a dog. It'll never speak as such, but will grasp the basic. Like a two year old. So, I talk to my dogs and point to what I want. They then learn through repetition. My Red know almost everything I say. He even watches my eyes, I look at him, look at the window or front door and he knows we're going out. Not a word said.

Archived