Gibson Brands Forums

Signal/Splitter Charger Box Buzzing

markt

When I try to charge my Dark Fire I get a loud buzzing out of charger box. I am plugging to the input of the box and then using the AC adaptor. I see the blue light on the box is on. I am leaving the output connect to my amp. I have tried to unplug it but it still buzzes.

Can anyone recommend a solution or suggestion?

Thanks in Advance

Mark t

I charge "off line" - in other words - i never play the Dark Fire, or connect the Charge /Splitter box Outputs to anything when it is charging.

Good news it only takes about 90 minutes for a full charge.

Also note the RIP wil not charge the Dark Fire - must use a TRS cable between Dark Fire and Black Charge/Splitter box + DC power module.

Also note the RIP wil not charge the Dark Fire - must use a TRS cable between Dark Fire and Black Charge/Splitter box + DC power module.

the RIP will charge the DF using the TRS cable..... unless you've discovered an unreported bug??? :-k

the RIP will charge the DF using the TRS cable..

Sorry - this is not possible- since connecting Dark Fire to the RIP Input with TRS cable automatically enables the Dark Fire hex output. The TRS ring is tied up sending multiplexed Audio - so it can not charge the guitar at the same time.

I know - I own the hardware

I too own the hardware, I just havn't recieved it yet. Until then i'm going by the manual which says on page 38...

" LED cycles slowly from bright to dim: Dark Fire is being charged. You will not

hear audio until you play Dark Fire for more than a second; this alerts RIP to stop

charging and instead, “listen” to Dark Fire"

When I try to charge my Dark Fire I get a loud buzzing out of charger box.. . . . . I have been charging offline and not connected to anything on the outputs.

markt - what country are you in?

What is the local AC Mains power?

117VAC @60Hz

240VAC@50Hz

100VAC @60Hz

Whacky - I'll check it out thanks!

I must be playing too much and not stopping long enough for the RIPS' charge relay to kick in.

I verified that RIP charges after a certain period of inactivity. At least this feature seems to be working as per the book...

Archived