Gibson Brands Forums

GAS! Bargain....and I still can't afford one....

jdgm

https://www.andertons.co.uk/p/0303010566/solid-body-electric-guitars/fender-squier-classic-vibe-stratocaster-60s-in-burgundy-mist

For those who can't see the link, it's a Fender Squier Classic Vibe Stratocaster '60s in Burgundy Mist at £249 (GBP) special offer, from Anderton's.

Looks nice - I am a sucker for a matching headstock/body paint job. Good price too. I'm near enough to go and play a few and pick out a good one.

And I don't have a 3 SC guitar....

But really I can't afford even this at the moment.

Thnking about what I might sell....

:-k[smile]

...it's a Fender Squier Classic Vibe Stratocaster '60s in Burgundy Mist at £249 (GBP) special offer, from Anderton's.

The Classic Vibe line is great stuff. The other guitar player in my band has a Classic Vibe Tele and it's a great guitar for the $. I recently put a Classic Vibe bridge on a Jazz Bass project because it's way nicer (and heftier) than the on that comes stock. Generally speaking the electronics are the weak point. Swap in new pups, pots,and switch and you've got a winner.

...Thinking about what I might sell....

The words 'Soul' and 'Devil' spring to mind....

When I was on my Strat-hunt a few years ago there was one particular '60s style Squier which was my all-time 2nd favourite regardless of the price. They really can be Great guitars.

The only small caveat I'd raise is this from Fender's own description taken from the link;

"The Classic Vibe Stratocaster '60s provides unmistakable '50s-era Fender vibe and tone..."

Bit of a contradiction in terms?

IMX with all the Fender and Squier 'Classic' series' they are, as they themselves say, very much more like a '50s-era Strat than a '60s in terms of tone.

But they can be wonderful guitars and if you can go down to pick'n'choose then Go For It!

msp_thumbup.gif

Pip.

"The Classic Vibe Stratocaster '60s provides unmistakable '50s-era Fender vibe and tone..."

Bit of a contradiction in terms?

Sure, I guess... but personally I don't think I could tell you the tonal difference between a 50s and 60s Strat. If you played them side my side I might guess the 50s would be a little bit cleaner. Besides that I got nothin'. So do I care if the description contradicts itself in a $300 guitar in which I'm going to replace the pickups anyway? Nope.

Bottom line, anyone with deep pockets and nice vintage guitars will avoid the Squire Classic Vibe series. But for someone seeking maximum bang for the buck - especially if you're handy enough to replace some electronics - they are hard to beat.

The Classic Vibe line is great stuff....Swap in new pups, pots,and switch and you've got a winner.

You're right....but then it wouldn't be such a bargain - if I had extra ££ think I'd look at Epis.

And these days I am in favour of leaving things stock if possible and practical. Where would these be made? China?

No I've got to be logical. What completely attracted me to the guitar is the paint job with the matching headstock. If it didn't have that I wouldn't be interested. Illogical!

...But I might just go and try one out.

Time to ask Rabs for a pay rise?!

You naughty person. I smiled. Briefly.

The Classic Vibe line is great stuff. The other guitar player in my band has a Classic Vibe Tele and it's a great guitar for the $.

Could not agree more. Recently purchased a Classic Vibe Tele and could not be happier. Great stuff the for the $$.

And I don't have a 3 SC guitar....

Right, Bob's your uncle. Now wipe that crusty dragon off your fanny and go have a butcher's at it and be gobsmacked by the 3 SC guitar!

Hope I googled up enough UK phrases to convince you to go pick that geet up first thing tomorrow morning.

You know you need it.

lol.

Sorry, I'm not trying to help. But I do like you. So just go get it before your John Thomas falls off.

lol.

For the price I'd say used would be better value.

14519765_10210587499626636_6017226274585884233_n_zpsyypiweky.jpg

I've posted this before, but I got this Modern player Strat for £190 used. It was brand new and plays great. There are bargains out there especially at this time of year.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Fender-standard-stratocaster-/152356089310?hash=item2379216dde:g:To8AAOSwcUBYS9EN

This is a good price.

Guest Farnsbarns

Right, Bob's your uncle. Now wipe that crusty dragon off your fanny and go have a butcher's at it and be gobsmacked by the 3 SC guitar!

Hope I googled up enough UK phrases to convince you to go pick that geet up first thing tomorrow morning.

You know you need it.

lol.

Sorry, I'm not trying to help. But I do like you. So just go get it before your John Thomas falls off.

lol.

I think Google failed you. Fanny means something quite different here. It's a ladies only thing and it's round the other side.

I just did one of those online currency converters 249.95 GBP = 311.04 USD and yet Sam Ash has this same guitar for $199.99 [confused]

Is it higher over there because of import tax or fees?

Really...............msp_scared.gif....................

Hmmmm....................that's odd.

I had a look online at stores 'Stateside' (Sam Ash, Sweetwater etc.) and the price everywhere on my screen is $399.

Is that $399 for us here if we want to import one or are they $399 on your screens over there?

eusa_think.gif

FWIW the USUAL price of the Squier Classic Vibe series is £422 = $525.

Hunting around there are a few places where they are being sold for less. Bax and Andertons are £249; Gear4music are £329 but elsewhere £422 seems to be the accepted going rate.

Yes; import duty and taxes as well as a tightly controlled closed-market coupled with a captive audience living on an island don't help in the price-war stakes!

Pip.

Really...............msp_scared.gif....................

Hmmmm....................that's odd.

I had a look online at stores 'Stateside' (Sam Ash, Sweetwater etc.) and the price everywhere on my screen is $399.

Is that $399 for us here if we want to import one or are they $399 on your screens over there?

eusa_think.gif

FWIW the USUAL price of the Squier Classic Vibe series is £422 = $525.

Hunting around there are a few places where they are being sold for less. Bax and Andertons are £249; Gear4music are £329 but elsewhere £422 seems to be the accepted going rate.

Yes; import duty and taxes as well as a tightly controlled closed-market coupled with a captive audience living on an island don't help in the price-war stakes!

Pip.

Here's the link. You have to select the Burgundy Mist finish in the drop down menu for Color.

http://www.samash.com/squier-affinity-series-stratocaster-electric-guitar-faffinstrat?cm_mmc=GoogleShopping-_-Guitars-_-Channeladvisor-_-Squier+Affinity+Series+Stratocaster+Electric+Guitar+Burgundy+Mist,+Rosewood+Fingerboard&utm_source=GSH&utm_medium=CSE&utm_campaign=Channeladvisor&CAWELAID=1914455235&CAGPSPN=pla&CAAGID=28120526597&CATCI=pla-264906619814&catargetid=500002510000071415&cadevice=c&gclid=CjwKEAiAvs7CBRC24rao6bGCoiASJABaCt5D6nPHmELhxiYC3XL_OF4pd_Tna9FFPgIrdU4bB4taTBoCufjw_wcB

Ah, that explains it.

Even here in the UK the street price for the Affinity version works out at only $206.

Still; I was given an Affinity Telecaster and it is one of the most 'playable' guitars I own. Really nice to pick up for a noodle.

Crap neck p'up, mind you, but the bridge one is sweet.

Pip.

Ah, that explains it.

Even here in the UK the street price for the Affinity version works out at only $206.

Still; I was given an Affinity Telecaster and it is one of the most 'playable' guitars I own. Really nice to pick up for a noodle.

Crap neck p'up, mind you, but the bridge one is sweet.

Pip.

I just picked up a Squier Affinity Jazz Bass recently (in burgundy mist as well) and the neck and overall feel and finish is fantastic!! Sounds really nice too! I'm really impressed with Squiers, including the lowly Affinity line.

The Classic Vibe stuff is generally even better

That's a different model. The Affinity series is less expensive than the Classic Vibe series.

Oops! Sorry! [blush] I'm not well versed in the Classic Vibe, Squier, Affinity world so I just should have kept mum. [blush]

I was sincerely just trying to save the OP some money ;)

The good news is - it's the start of the weekend so everyone get down & get funky! \:D/

....... So just go get it before your John Thomas falls off.

lol.

Sorry Quap, can't understand your banter....bunch of monkeys on the ceiling.....have you caught your can in the Bertie?

[laugh]

Are the Classic Vibe series made in China?

I watched the video [thumbup] - ok, firstly that's probably the first time the fact that a guitar's Chinese-made hasn't detracted from it to some degree in my mind, and secondly, no matter how many they have bought in, they should sell out almost immediately at that price. A very sweet guitar anyway, but for the money...wow.

Archived