Gibson Brands Forums

NGO + NGD

awel

Where in the hell can I get a plastic string covering device. Never seen that as case candy?

Now it seems it is the standard package.

I really like that vintage brown leather like looking case

Congrats, HNGD, looks and sounds nice! [love][thumbup]

She's no Government Series SG, so she's definitely an NGO guitar, made by a Non-Governmental Organisation. [biggrin] But OK, the Government Series Gibsons like the one from my avatar were made by same NGO I think. [rolleyes]

[biggrin]

What's the neck like? Low frets?

Needs black speed knobs!

the neck is 60 Slim Taper, the same I got on my 61 reissue and frets are medium-jumbo I think but I am not an expert :)

the other nice to have is the Grover locking tuners, I can live with standard tuner but honestly it is good when you only have to pass the string through the hole, even if you break while playing live, replacement between 2 songs takes 30 seconds.

Thanks, I am really curious about the 2017 line, I was so disappointed with the 2014-2015 lines,

what was so bad about 2014? the only thing non standard afaik on all the gibbys was the 12th fret inlay. i consider it to be the last "good" year before they forced changes on everyone that almost no one wanted.

I believe the majority of the 2014 were nibless wonders.

My 2014 Firebird has been beating the snot out of my fingers as they left the fret ends rough but they're finally smoothing out a bit due to constant playing.

My 2014 Les Paul has nibs on it and that was build in October 14.

Ian

Archived