Gibson Brands Forums

100th Anniversary models

Johnt

Hello John- good of you to check in. Four 12 string guitars? Planning on waging war upon a Marshall stack? . One twelver is too much for me to handle; string-to-wood sound ratio n' all ; ). Congrats on the incoming J-200; feel free to share a pic when it's home.

Yes, that "1963 Hummingbird" done in maple for the guitar of the month does sound like an interesting combination.

. . . Or a short-scale 12-fret. Hmmm. . .

Thanks 'burst

No stack here

Marshall 59w

AER on way

Good job with the link, Dave. Do you find the elevated pickguard on the "1934 Jumbo" to add too much clatter when playing? I believe you had previously posted this appetizing photo of the Centennial Collection some time back (a.k.a. "How to Photograph 12 Guitars"):

Screen%20Shot%202016-12-20%20at%209.06.32%20PM_zpscdc8puhs.png

Nice of Reverb to keep that sold listing up; it has an excellent slide show of all of the '94 Guitar of the Month models: Link

Referring to the early J-200 models (pre-Montana, Kalamazoo issue), it's not unusual to find 'duds'. I was told by a Kalamazoo era Gibson employee that the company considered the model to be primarily a stage guitar and/or status symbol - hence, they didn't worry much about consistency. Sad, when you get thinking about it😥

Archived