Gibson Brands Forums

Warning not Gibson Content.. new purchace :)..

slimt

It's 1967 all over again. Charger Time Warp Special. Talk about holding their value- who'da thunk what would happen with prices of 1960's Mopar. Lotta money in nostalgia.

BK777's entire Beemer could park inside the hatch, with room for the Christmas tree.

It's 1967 all over again. Charger Time Warp Special. Talk about holding their value- who'da thunk what would happen with prices of 1960's Mopar. Lotta money in nostalgia.

BK777's entire Beemer could park inside the hatch, with room for the Christmas tree.

This one - easily fit in the back. Back in the free and easy days just before the engine blew up! My mechanic got another used engine, really, really hard to find now apparently - it goes well but is really noisy.

If you look at the photo of the car closely, you can see the Hound in the back seat. He will NOT sit in the front for anything - sits in the back like I'm the chauffeur! The Boss may as well ride back there too!

Anyway, when I saw the car for sale in the lot all those years ago, it reminded me of something....err...what? Ah, my Dobro:

Dobro2a_zpsdae25f9d.jpg

SurfBeach7b_zpsowfihzgh.jpg

sorrento4_zpsutfypb9w.jpg

BluesKing777.

slimt ................. what a find! Low miles too. Love some old cars. My 50 Chevy .... 91K miles ....... just out of the shop after 2 1/2 years...... hope the pix uploads.

Cool. My first car in high school was my father's cast-off 1953 Chevy. Still have a soft spot for that car. Straight six, three-speed on the column. I blew the clutch hot-rodding it in front of the house of a girl I wanted to impress. You can imagine how well that went down. It's sort of hard to act tough in a two-tone four door sedan, especially when you're knocking on some girl's door to call your father to tow you home.

It's a miracle I survived my teen years without either killing myself or ending up in jail. I'm sure I'm not alone here in that regard.

Cool. My first car in high school was my father's cast-off 1953 Chevy. Still have a soft spot for that car. Straight six, three-speed on the column. I blew the clutch hot-rodding it in front of the house of a girl I wanted to impress. You can imagine how well that went down. It's sort of hard to act tough in a two-tone four door sedan, especially when you're knocking on some girl's door to call your father to tow you home.

It's a miracle I survived my teen years without either killing myself or ending up in jail. I'm sure I'm not alone here in that regard.

My first was a '48 Chevy coupe - not dissimilar to yours mechanically, but cool looking. T-boned a pretty new Pontiac Tempest on the way home from a big fight with the girlfriend - blind corner, blind rage, bad combination! I was such an a$$hole at 17....

Too Funny.. it knows how to be safe.. better breeze with the window down as well..

Ha - I have been searching for a couple of photos - found some!

It is not always so good being a dog in the back seat, especially when the Better Half wants bags of foam:

DogCar1_zps1riw5hhk.jpg

DogCar2_zpssywovytn.jpg

And what about some 'guitar and car' photos you guys and girls? You have any?

Here is the Dobro and car - I was trying to get the wheels with the reso, but the second photo turned out an art shot!:

CarGuitar4_zpsqjda63ng.jpg

CarGuitar2_zpsmwayxogw.jpg

BluesKing777.

Ha - I have been searching for a couple of photos - found some!

It is not always so good being a dog in the back seat, especially when the Better Half wants bags of foam:

DogCar1_zps1riw5hhk.jpg

DogCar2_zpssywovytn.jpg

And what about some 'guitar and car' photos you guys and girls? You have any?

Here is the Dobro and car - I was trying to get the wheels with the reso, but the second photo turned out an art shot!:

CarGuitar4_zpsqjda63ng.jpg

CarGuitar2_zpsmwayxogw.jpg

BluesKing777.

👍

Archived